Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
    Wow I'm not even talking about the flip key but the smaller internal one on E46's...

That one. Must be a bigass battery.
    Yeah, i was considering one of those keys or making a flip key.

See the size of the remote. The whole inside is taken up...i was expecting to find a little breathing room. If the battery was smaller I would attempt a transplant.

Comment

Gotta find one that fits now...

Anyone got tips on a smaller one thats transplantable?
      Reminiscing...

Comment

The guy I talked to at that shop said that some companies make "micro" remotes or something. I'm sure that would be an easier task to take on, but if you acually go through with this make sure it's VERY clean and not ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos

The guy I talked to at that shop said that some companies make "micro" remotes or something. I'm sure that would be an easier task to take on, but if you acually go through with this make sure it's VERY clean and not ghetto.
          Hey who do you think I am, this guy?

Reminiscing...

Comment

just picked one up....how far away does it reach? Like a good distance or do you have to get real close?
            Luke
            98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Originally posted by 325is_MadBimmer
              just picked one up....how far away does it reach? Like a good distance or do you have to get real close?
              I was very impressed with the distance of the system. I have the antenna hooked up to my radio antenna, that probably helped reception a bit.

Comment

Why would you need/want to unlock or lock your car from more than 10 feet away?
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                  :situation:
                  Your at the mall, walking 50 feet away in the parking lot and you forgot to lock your car. No need to go back.

I think these things have a very good range, my friend got a similar unit by the same people but with a security system and he can do it from much further than that.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
                    Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                    :situation:
                    Your at the mall, walking 50 feet away in the parking lot and you forgot to lock your car. No need to go back.

I think these things have a very good range, my friend got a similar unit by the same people but with a security system and he can do it from much further than that.
                    Yeah, I guess my logic applies more to unlocking the car. I actally use my system to lock my car up from inside my house when I don't want to go out.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Well, I got impatient waiting to hear about a GB. So I went ahead and bought one myself. It's paid for now and should be shipped on Monday according to their ebay posting. Apparently they are on vacation...

Anyway, I'll have it in within a few days of it's arrival. I plan on wiring the dome lights and parking lights to it as well. Should be REALLY simple, but I like to be sure that it's locked/unlocked with some kind of confirmation.

Comment

if you get the parking/dome lights to work please let me know, as i would like to add that feature to the keyless system

Comment

No problem, I'll post back here when I get her installed - and I'll even try to remember the color wires for ya.

Comment

yea, definately do a write up of whatever you do!
                            Dan

Comment

Guy emailed me back today about the group buy. Said I could have 10 of them for $238.50 shipped so that's 23.85 each shipped. Problem is that's all 10 shipped to me and then I'd have to charge shipping to get them to you guys.

Probably no benefit in that, would come out to about the same $30 you can get it straight from him. Oh well, I tried.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                              1989 325iC M50 Vert
                              1989 325i Coupe
                              1991 318is
                              1995 318ti Club Sport
                              2006 330i e90
                              2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                                yea, definately do a write up of whatever you do!
                                I would buy one if you made a write up, that totally makes them worth it.
                                The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Working...
                                X