• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info please!

Comment

Originally posted by jksmith View Post
      ha that is very imaginative...

but did not have a question, what models did the 94mm CV joints come out of? and what e30s came with a LSD option?
      Cars with the M30 engine, M60B30 & E36 M3 all use 188 diffs with 94mm CV's...

Do the DSS axles come with their own output flanges?

Comment

so found out the car has 4:10 lsd rear in it now, just picked up a e36 diff cover, so just need to find 94mm CV's and then figure out the axles,

At this point I might try to build my own custom axles, I sell steel so have access to anything i need there just need to figure out the flanges on each side to make it compatible

Comment

is there a difference in dual ear e36 diff covers 188mm vs 168mm??

Comment

I think that 188mm covers only fit 188mm diffs and 168mm covers only fit 168mm diffs. I dont think they are interchangeable.

Comment

188mm diff has an 8 bolt cover. Axle flanges are the same. Axle bearing seats are larger 6 bolt type. Axle seals are larger.

168mm diff has a 6 bolt cover. Axle bearing seats are smaller 4 bolt type. Axle seals are smaller.

Only items interchangeable are the axle flanges, pinion flange, speed sensor and possibly speed sensor ring. Not sure about the bearings. I think they're larger in the 188mm diff.
              Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

thanks Q8y .... means I need a 188mm Rear Diff cover if anyone has one laying around

Comment

I've got one. I'm stepping up to the e36 dual ear cover.

Comment

thats what i want.

Comment

Working...
                    X