T56 Guys need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T56 Guys need some help

So guys I have the notorious T56 High rpm shift problem however unlike the problem that most F body guys have is that I am not running the POS gm master cylinder and im using the e30 stock MC. The flywheel was resurfaced brand new clutch and slave and shimmed to spec. Not really sure what my issue is. Has anyone else had high rpm shift engagement issues on there LS/T56 e30?
    Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
    Cab
    billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
    : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
    88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

bleed it again? I got nothin really. sorry.

Comment

The issue with fbodies isn't the master, it's a restriction put in the hydraulic line. Which shouldn't be your problem anyway because you're not using the line. How many miles on the trans? What clutch are you using?
      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

How is the clutch fluid? It's a known issue with the T56 that clutch dust gets pushed past the seal on the slave/throwout and gets into the fluid. This can cause sluggish clutch response and tough high RPM shifting, as well as clutch fade. Not sure if this is your issue, but something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
          The issue with fbodies isn't the master, it's a restriction put in the hydraulic line. Which shouldn't be your problem anyway because you're not using the line. How many miles on the trans? What clutch are you using?
          unknow miles on trans, Not shifting at high RPM the trans shifts like butter so smooth and no other issues what so ever. The only issue is high rpm >5500rpm shift under load and only does it really in 3rd 4th and 5th gear.

Clutch is ACT GM9-HDSS rated up to 745 ftlbs, it has a lot of chatter but other than that its bad ass.

I think I need to re bleed it and put a vac on it to make sure there is no air. From what ive been reading on LS1tech its mostly likely the cause. Im also using DOT 4 for the brakes and it is said that DOT 3 is preferred for the T56 so maybe there is a possible issue there. I should look into the combo dot 3/4 fluid any suggestions on that?
          Last edited by bmk; 03-08-2015, 12:50 PM.
          Cab

Shaggin Wagon

88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Bump it up. Anyone know of higher flowing bmw clutch master cylinders?
            Cab

Shaggin Wagon

88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Working...
            X