Obama: "Tone down the the rhetoric"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tavern Gnome View Post
    What does it take for R3V to get a Politics Sub-forum? God this crap is old.
    Hint: The title of the thread indicates that it is of a political nature.

No one if forcing you to click them and read them.
    sigpic
    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      Ya, Obama shouldn't say shit about conservatives throwing bricks through campaign center's windows, death threats, letters full of white powder, cut gas lines, etc. Inciting violence is totally covered by the first amendment, Rush and Beck should be allowed to promote it all they want.

Uh, when did Rush or Beck tell people to cut gas lines, fill letters with white powder, throw any bricks or send death threats? Have you heard some of the shit Democrats say? Again, I'll point you at the anti-Bush rallys where they carried Bush like-nesses through the streets hanging from cardboard tree's. I didn't hear a peep from the Liberal Democrats or CNN on those rallies.

Individuals have done terrible things. Individuals that have a very dangerous, misguided perception of how to "rage against the machine". There's wacko's on both sides. The fact that a large majority of media focuses solely on the dangerous and crazy "Republicans" is telling though. Specially when they fail to take up the other side. For the record, I've heard both Beck, Rush, O'Reilly (spelling?) and Hannity all talk very much against extreme measures that some people have taken to.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You guys are all overlooking a basic fact: today's politicians are incapable of solving any problems whatsoever for the simple fact that the system that put them into office is fucked. People who are actually capable of sorting out and resolving our problems will never be voted into office. Their ideas are too "extreme".

Comment

Rush, Obama, Pilosi.. all full of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            Really? He created a World War?
            so you really think that's what got us out of the great depression?

i find that amazing, because bush/cheney's world-war-on-terrorism is a big part of the reason we're in this situation.

it really is unbelievable how ideology can make people ignore facts that have been sitting in front of them for almost 10 years now.

go ahead and tell me how we wouldn't all be better off if we'd spent those trillions of dollars on making our own citizenry's lives better, i'd love to hear this argument.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
              well if you and your own personal choir all agree, you MUST be right, then. obviously.
              Personal choir?

Where the fuck do you come up with something so idiotic?

I have friends of various political leanings and opinions.

And if you look at Obama's job approval ratings, my "personal choir" is growing by leaps and bounds by the day.
              sigpic
              1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
              Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                Personal choir?

Where the fuck do you come up with something so idiotic?
                logical fallacy: ad hominem.

And if you look at Obama's job approval ratings, my "personal choir" is growing by leaps and bounds by the day.
                logical fallacy: appeal to popularity.

you really aren't worth any more effort than that.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

i find that amazing, because bush/cheney's world-war-on-terrorism is a big part of the reason we're in this situation.

it really is unbelievable how ideology can make people ignore facts that have been sitting in front of them for almost 10 years now.

go ahead and tell me how we wouldn't all be better off if we'd spent those trillions of dollars on making our own citizenry's lives better, i'd love to hear this argument.

Yes in fact it did.

No, this war is a small part. And Obama hasn't helped either. The problem we are now experiencing goes back way before Bush (as much as you may hate that fact). And this war was needed and necessary btw. So that isn't even an argument.

Yes of course we'd all be better off if we hadn't brought the war to the terrorists instead of the war in America.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

CBS:

"Snipers Wanted"

Bush Assassination Movie:

"Terry Tate" depiction of assault on Sarah Palin:

Sarah Palin gets a surprising new subscription.http://maps.google.com/vote to find out where to voteGo to http://www.ReturnOfTerryTate.com to see more videos...

Sandra Bernhard calls for her "black brothers" to gang rape Sarah Palin:

Hell, the media was calling for Bush's assassination, but if you say "take the country back" with Obama in office, they call it racist.

Show me where any mainstream conservatives have advocated the assassination, rape and/or physical assault of a Dem President or Dem VP candidate.
                    sigpic

Comment

logical fallacy: ad hominem.

logical fallacy: appeal to popularity.

you really aren't worth any more effort than that.
                      Nice dodge, but you're not fooling anyone other than yourself.

BTW, do you even see your own hypocrisy?

Obviously not.
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn, I just made such a bomb cheese queso...oh wait, I thought this was the drunk and stupid thread. Sowwy.
                        -Pierre
                        1987 535is
                        1988 325is

Comment

i second the vote for a politics subforum within off-topic.

it would be one thing if people could have civilized conversations instead of slinging insults at people whom they would otherwise be polite to in real life, but that isn't the way it is.

frankly it is disgusting to see how people use an internet forum to sound like a total fuckface supporting EITHER the left or right. All it does is make you look ridiculous and narrow-minded, whether someone agrees with you or not.
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                            Yes in fact it did.

No, this war is a small part. And Obama hasn't helped either. The problem we are now experiencing goes back way before Bush (as much as you may hate that fact).
                            i don't, in fact, because it's pretty easy to point the finger at reaganomics also. :)

but go ahead and tell me why the period of economic prosperity that we experienced under clinton (remember him? the guy who fixed the first bush's fuckups?) is really to blame for this...

And this war was needed and necessary btw. So that isn't even an argument.

Yes of course we'd all be better off if we hadn't brought the war to the terrorists instead of the war in America.
                            i guess you're going to have to clarify which war you mean.

it's well-documented that iraq had nothing to do with 9-11, and they had nothing that was capable of threatening the US, and that's where we've spent most of the money.

i understand why we went to afghanistan originally... but that was almost 9 years ago, and where i'm calling obama out is his lack of a clear mission statement as to why we're still there and what we're trying to accomplish. strangely, that's the one thing he's doing that you *don't* disagree with.

you're never going to understand where i'm coming from unless you remember that i'm the guy who has to go unpleasant places on the govt's say-so, and based on that i think there had better be a pretty fucking good reason.

Nice dodge, but you're not fooling anyone other than yourself.

BTW, do you even see your own hypocrisy?

Obviously not.
                            speaking of "not even an argument"...
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                              You guys are all overlooking a basic fact: today's politicians are incapable of solving any problems whatsoever for the simple fact that the system that put them into office is fucked. People who are actually capable of sorting out and resolving our problems will never be voted into office. Their ideas are too "extreme".
                              I totally agree. There have been many candidates that have been shot down for what they believe would work. For one I would have rather had Keys over Bush and Ron Paul over Obama, but that is me.

Yes this war is part of the problem, but it would also have to do with many other Americans who fucked other Americans over. We shouldn't just blame the government alone, we all have something to do with this too. But I would just rather keep it out cause it's up to those that want to help the situation to find out. I would take all of the US to help relieve the problem. People just try to have one or a group of people fix the situation with out taking the inicitive and helping.

Comment

You mean the war that the Senate voted for by a margin of 99-1 and funded?

Yeah, Bush and Cheney's war.

Right.

Hussein invaded Kuwait, a US ally.

After the US defeated the Iraqi army, Hussein agreed to several UN sanctions which he dodged for a dozen years, including allowing weapon inspections.

The 2nd US/Iraq war was an extension of the first one, the one that Hussein started with his invasion of Kuwait and after his surrender, Iraq continued to fire on US planes on a daily basis that were patrolling the "no fly zone"

Iraq/Hussein surrendered in name only while they continued their aggression towards the US and their interests, thus the reason the US Senate voted 99-1 to hold Hussein accountable and to enforce the terms of his surrender.

Do I need to post the list of quotes from numerous Dems stating how Hussein needs to be taken out of power?

The same Dems who sang different tune when it became politically advantageous?

Oh hell, I'll post them anyways:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Yeah, Bush and Cheney's war.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X