Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bcuz it needs a new thread... Glenn Beck is a Mormon!?!Political/Religion Disclaimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
    It is quite simple really. There never was, isnt now, and never will be a god or anything that resembles, worshiped as, is patented to be, is copyrighted as the shape, size smell, taste, sound of, or likeness of...a god Anyone who believes in the existence of a higher being is a fucktard and for the rest of their life should be forced to lick clean, and spit-shine the underside of E30s to repay society for their religious, bible beating, holly rolling, fucktardiness.

Like seriously, all churches do is con people into giving them money, then they dotn have to pay taxes on it. That is bullshit.
    GC agrees!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
      Farbin,
      I'll check out your scriptural references later, but I'll tell you, I'm not a scriptorian. I'm sure we could trade chapter and verse (we read the KJV, too) until Jesus comes... (haha)

... but that's a waste of time for me. I'm not going to convince you, you're not going to convince me. Hey, I'll bet if more Mormons were like me, you would have enjoyed the Utah area.

I picked LDS for the same reason I go left and up in any manual tranny car I get in. Because it FEELS RIGHT.
      Dianetics/Scientology? Didn't feel right. Catholicism? Didn't feel right. ad infinitum.
      OK, I was not "trading" references, I was explaining my standpoint, where I come from, how my feelings are founded, and what my feelings on LDS and The Book of Mormon are. Also, I have already learned that avoidance is the method taught when tenets of the LDS system are questioned to a point of which the LDS person is unable to refute. I'm sure you will be asking your Ward Bishop, or the Relief Society President about the things I have expounded on. I have been through it before, and have had bishops come and try to refute things because someone in their Ward, or one of the South American missionaries at their house got told. It's ok, I will leave bygones to be bygones.

I like the attempt to distance you from your brothers and sisters in faith also, "I'd like to hang with you..." rhetoric, but I've been through that too, years ago in SoCal when I went and conversed with missionaries as a hobby.

Thanks for your interest and posts in this thread.

Comment

Gosh, you're trying so hard!

Nope, won't be asking my Bishop, promise. I already told you I'm not a scriptorian. Obviously, I'm not as educated as you are, I can live with that. You don't want to hear the message, and it's obvious you have an endless supply of Anti-LDS stuff. I'm not prepared, nor do I care to exchange with you. I'm pleased that you took so much time to know about our church so that you can bash it. To be totally honest, I just don't care, I've already put in too much effort, (what the heck am I doing? It's a black hole!) Okay, you "called me out", and I won't rise to the occasion. Read into that what you will.

No, I don't befriend people then "bumrush" them with the Gospel. That's not how I roll.
        Ironically, I'm like Glenn Beck in this case.
        Adam is a Mormon?

Igualmente for the exchange.
        Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
          gc agrees!

qft
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
            Gosh, you're trying so hard!

Nope, won't be asking my Bishop, promise. I already told you I'm not a scriptorian. Obviously, I'm not as educated as you are, I can live with that. You don't want to hear the message, and it's obvious you have an endless supply of Anti-LDS stuff. I'm not prepared, nor do I care to exchange with you. I'm pleased that you took so much time to know about our church so that you can bash it. To be totally honest, I just don't care, I've already put in too much effort, (what the heck am I doing? It's a black hole!) Okay, you "called me out", and I won't rise to the occasion. Read into that what you will.

No, I don't befriend people then "bumrush" them with the Gospel. That's not how I roll.
            Ironically, I'm like Glenn Beck in this case.
            Adam is a Mormon?

Igualmente for the exchange.
            Not even trying, as I said I'll leave bygones to be bygones. I'm not trying to bash your religion, I am making statements as to where I find issue/offense, as to what I've learned. You sound just like the kid that made the wallet for Stan in South Park, it's really funny to see it in real life.

I didn't learn about your church to bash it, I learned about it so when I moved into an area rife with LDS folks, I would be prepared to live by the law of the land. I would know what to expect, just as someone moving to the south might brush up on the Baptist systems. It's not to bash. I wish you the best, and knowing that God will give sight to those he chooses to show, I hope it all works out for you in the end. Read into that what you will.

Signed,
            Me.

Comment

Working...
            X