No announcement yet.

Since we're here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont want to make a new thread but this sub forums reminds me of this video.

i like to see the humor in things.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
      I dunno. Since Jesus espoused awfully "liberal" ideas-soft on crime, took convicted criminals to heaven with him, apparently treated women as equals more so than the Pharisees of the day, treated medical conditions and revived dead people for free among other things-what do you think?

I'd have to say, I don't know nearly as many religious liberals as I do religious non-liberals. I won't use the term "conservative" because true conservatives are rarer than rocking horse dung.
      We're just going to throw it all together all the time then, is that how this sub-forum works?

Alright, well, I agree and you're right about that. What you're wrong on is a Governing power doing what any Christian, or follower of Christ, mandating everyone do. Robbing them of the chance or capacity to do so through heavy taxation. Ironically, Progressives (not in office) cry so hard about how rich people are money grubbing, greedy, un-feeling types. In reality, most of their party are. The progressive party claims to help you while taking the bread off your table.

Here's a fun fact. Liberal progressives give less than HALF to Charitable Non-profits than those "greedy" Republicans. Over half of the giving done by those identifying themselves as "Republicans" are Christian.

Ironic that those with the "heart" are all about taking from other people's pockets and giving to who THEY deem in need.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
        That's because true conservatism advocates a return to the authoritarian and less enlightened days of old.

That statement is a fucking joke. You're a joker, h0lmes, a straight up joker.

EVERY community adheres and conforms to some sort of "social" regulation to exist together. To insist that THAT alone is unenelightened is retarded.

Imagine if you will a Gay Rights activist board. They are all for the tolerance and acceptance. Then, one of the lead guys on that board stands up one day and says he's had a change of heart or even worse (in their eyes) a religious experience, believes in God, thinks homosexuality is a sin, like any of the other sins and feels maybe they should revisit their mission statement. How accepting and tolerant would that board be, do you think? Mmm? Imagine the reverse.

You feel so much more enlightened? Do tell us your bold new way of living that works so much better and doesn't conform to some form of Authoritarian rules? Please, show us the error of our ways, oh sage one.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
          Do tell us your bold new way of living that works so much better and doesn't conform to some form of Authoritarian rules? Please, show us the error of our ways, oh sage one.
          Science and liberal democracy. /thread

Comment

You can't can you. You're just spewing the same rhetoric.

Wasted a good few questions on a worthless person.
            Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
              That's bullshit. I have a side, I have my beliefs, they just don't agree with either the Republican or Democratic parties.
              Tom, I find it quite funny that you automatically jumped to the conclusion that I was including you in my statement, in which I clearly said "for the most part".

Comment

You can't can you. You're just spewing the same rhetoric.

Wasted a good few questions on a worthless person.
                I am being completely serious.

Did you know that Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and both Roosevelt's were all liberals? These are widely regarded as the top 5 Presidents in American history.

Really what you have a problem with is the economic policy that many contemporary liberals support.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Tom, I find it quite funny that you automatically jumped to the conclusion that I was including you in my statement, in which I clearly said "for the most part".
                  Meh, I am kind of accustomed to personal attacks around here.

Comment

Again, you'll notice I said nothing about you. My post was in response to what you said. But since you automatically assumed I was talking about you, or was at least including you in my description of what most independents actually are, I can't help but be reminded of the guilty-conscience complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      Again, you'll notice I said nothing about you. My post was in response to what you said. But since you automatically assumed I was talking about you, or was at least including you in my description of what most independents actually are, I can't help but be reminded of the guilty-conscience complex.
                      yeah i understand

Comment

What you're wrong on is a Governing power doing what any Christian, or follower of Christ, mandating everyone do.
                        Did you say "discuss" or "agree with me"? :-)

I wasn't trying to pick a fight! Just saying no one can possibly say Jesus was a "conservative", but the Right acts like they have an exclusive contract with him.

As to your fun fact, I'd love to see a breakdown of giving as a percentage of income.

And calling what is in DC now "progressive" isn't accurate, It's just a different brand of same-old-shit.

Ironic that those with the "heart" are all about taking from other people's pockets and giving to who THEY deem in need.
                        So the heartless GOP guys that squandered billions in Iraq and elsewhere while enriching themselves at taxpayer expense weren't doing the same thing?

Like I said....same shit, different flavor.

Comment

If the "right" claims Christ was a Conservative, they're wrong. What the "left" has to understand is that most of the non-politician Christian "right" want to serve, donate, give to charity and the like. We do so, as statistics have proven.

Let me get one thing out here, ALL politicians suck. My "political" views line up with the right more often than not when it comes to legislation, less government, etc, etc...

I was all against Bush back when Bush was in office. He was a Democratic spender, and a bad policy maker. He did some things right. The "War on Terror" was a stupid title but I agree with making business with those that mass-genocide their own people and neighboring countries, why? Because I give a crap about human life. The fact is you have to take one to save a bunch sometimes. You just aim to take out the violater, not the helpless.

I didn't think you were starting a fight ;) I'm more than happy to discuss my beliefs with anyone that wants to talk. Not insult, curse, etc etc... It just gets old and frankly, Faith is Faith. EVERYONE believes in something they can't prove.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Comment

All I want is to have the smallest government possible. Let me live my life and do as I please.

So much BS in all of politics. But of course, those politicians are just happy living their lives. Nature of the beast, nobody gets everything they want.
                            Originally posted by z31maniac
                            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

The Church I am a member of in Seattle (least churched city in the nation until recently) has close to 9,000 members the last time I bothered to check. We regularly, as small groups serve, donate our time and resources. More than half of us are poor indie type artists. Are there "rich" people as well? Of course there are. And they give lovingly just the same. We are Democrats and Republicans that love Christ and give as best we can.

The Church corporately gives over 2 million a year to non-profits on top of the multitude of other programs and such that we fund. We are not a health and wealth institution, in fact, we're quite Anti-Religion. Seems like an oxy-moron to most people, but then again, most people don't put enough thought into what "Religion" is and blindly hate what they see others blindly hate.

The Christian morals are quite liberal as you stated. In fact, Christ calls each of us who believe and have faith in him to give, serve, love and over all not bug the hell out of non-believers. You lead by example, not by wearing sandwich signs that says "God Hates Fags". So I find it more than a little funny that most liberal/progressive Democrats are so anti-Christian while claiming they hold the same if not a "better" sense of morality. Oh yeah, and again, they give less than half as much as JUST Christians.
                              Need a part? PM me.

Comment

... I think a Democrat (on the Liberal/Progressive side) is literally, of lesser intelligence.

That is all.
                                Lesser intelligence than what?

The Church I am a member of in Seattle (least churched city in the nation until recently) has close to 9,000 members
                                Certainly not you and those 9000 other people dumb enough to beleive that crap.
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                                If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Working...
                                X