Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Areas that supported Obama see more federal aid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Areas that supported Obama see more federal aid...

This isn't exactly new but since we have this forum I'll post it up.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

This one is easily explained.

The areas that supported Obama are the most "needy." They knew he would hook them up and he did. Its not payback for voting for him. Just look at the correlation between a state being a broke-ass shit-hole and voting for Obama.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

No suprise here. The majority of the counties that see a lot of federal aid have higher population densities than do counties that tend to more rural in nature. Votes for McCain versus Obama also mostly follow this trend.

The higher population density areas pay more taxes and get more spending. It works out this way for about any administration.
      sigpic
      Gun control means using both hands
      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

I'd be a lot more interested to see that data by congressional district rather than by county. It would be more useful that way and more indicative of a problem if there were one.

One would have to ask why all of this stimulus money is being used just so overpaid government employees can keep their jobs and to do the things like road maintenance that local governments are supposed to be doing in the first place with all the gas taxes and trucking taxes. It shows gross mismanagement at every level of government. This is all wasted money, it won't stimulate the economy and it ends up making it worse for those of who do earn our living in the private sectors.

Ah well. Nothing you can do about it now...
        1987 E30 325is
        1999 E46 323i
        RIP 1994 E32 740iL
        oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
        X