No announcement yet.

Colorado Karting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! My best so far is a 20.874. I need to get back into it.

Comment

Yesterday was my first day out there. Cool place. My best was a 21.185. It was pretty busy but still a good time.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Meeting at Unser tomorrow at 10:00a if anyone wants to join.
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

How many races are you guys gonna do?
          89 325i (Sold)
          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
            How many races are you guys gonna do?
            at least 2 since its bogo, maybe 3 or 4?

Comment

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Ran my first sub :24 on the new configuration today. 23:944, .64 off the course record!
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Ran my first sub :24 on the new configuration today. 23:944, .64 off the course record!
                damn. wish I could have made it.

Comment

that's sweet, I remember I was at 25.5 range accept people kept getting in my way:hitler: Ill have to go one of these Mondays

Comment

Cool! I haven't been there in a long time. It looks like the new configuration is easier. What is your opinion? Any pointers? I am going Saturday with some friends for a 30th party.

Comment

I wouldn't say the new config is easier, but it's better and faster.

From the first turn out of the pit here's my tips.

180 degree left hander - brake and pitch for a late-neutral apex instead of the more traditional late apex.

The 180 right followed by 180 left - late apex the first when possible, but not too wide. You can scrub speed here or dive in early to protect your line without penalty. This is also a good place to scrub speed if passing, because you need to scrub it anyway. What is more important is a late apex, tracking out mid-track on the 180 left of that set.

Back turns - Dual apex like T1 @ Pueblo. Don't go farther wide than mid-track between the apexes. Flat out all the way.

Chicane before the finish line - Still flat out. Lift at the yellow bumper on the right (no brake). Not before and not after, right at the yellow. Your eyes should be past the finish line by then. It's scary and if you don't set up the drifting left hander across the finish you will either tag the apex head on or slide into the wall hard.

Good luck!
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

We ran two sessions and the best I could do was a 24.907. I forgot how fun that place is! I do like the new layout a little better.

Comment

Working...
                        X