Sub'd
    E30 specific upholstery is available.
    www.jpnmotorsports.com

Follow me on Twitter here

Feedback thread here

Comment

^

Comment

I myself am doing an M52 swap in my driveway but I completely support this V8 endeavor! Good luck homie! My room mate just did the unthinkable and dropped a Lexus 1uz into a 81' Corolla wagon in our driveway. Downright inspirational. I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Comment

good luck, this should be kinda badass.. keep us posted and already wanna see some tire marks!
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Update: March 20th

Sorry for the delay but I've been on the school grind ATM. Picked up six salad shooters, four of which are 16x8.5 and the other two 9.5's for the rear. Gave them a good power wash today. Over the Spring break I plan on refinishing and maybe respraying them too. I'll be starting my sourcing of parts, motor and transmission over the break and the upcoming weeks will be the start of my project and I'll update it frequently as it comes along.

Last edited by MJCRO; 03-30-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Update: March 25th

Refinished four of my six salad shooters I picked up last week. Still need to finish the rear 9.5's and then tires!

Also gutted the interior today. I'll be rebuilding my dashboard which I'll have a separate thread on that. ATM I have around $3000 cash saved plus another $2000 coming to me this week for a total budget of $5000 on this build. Every penny will try to be saved on this, though every swap has its unexpected costs involved.

Goals for this week:
              - Refinish the other two wheels.
              - Start my sourcing for an E34 donor car via junkyards.
              - Rebuild my dashboard.

The 9.5's on the right which I still need to do.

Squirrel/mouse issue with this car since it had sat for a while.

Dashboard out!

Last edited by MJCRO; 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Update: March 27th

After looking at motors online and calling junkyards, I decided to go with an M60B30 871 Alusil motor with the build date 7/94. I can't describe how clean this motor is. The throttle body plate is almost mirror clean. It came out of a manual 95' 530i with 86k on the clock according the junkyard owner. Compression is good and there are no visible leaks anywhere on this motor.

I also bought a Canon T4i Rebel a few days ago so the quality of my images won't be blurry anymore!

Anyways, I need advice from r3v M60 OG's on this motor. Any huge differences swap wise to expect from the B30? I also did some reading around and found out you're able to swap a B40 intake manifold and throttle body on this motor to make more power if need be. Is this true?

Moar pics.

The manifolds are really clean as well.

Last edited by MJCRO; 03-27-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That thing is clean as hell
                  1991 335is in progress

Comment

Holy short stroke V8...that should be fun.

Comment

Why'd you go with a b30?
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                        Why'd you go with a b30?
                        It's super clean, got a great deal on it, and it's sorta unique IMO. I'm not really concerned with power for this build. I just wanted to go V8 with reliability in mind.

Stay tuned guys.

Comment

Can those headers be used without significant modification? I had always heard that the late E39 or X5 headers were better for this...
                          sigpic

Velocity Motor Works

1972 2002
                          1983 533is
                          1987 325is (Roxanne)
                          1988 M6
                          1989 M3
                          1989 325ix (Darth Maul)

Gone: 1974 2002, 1984 318i , 1985 318i, 1988 325ix Sedan, 1988 325ix Coupe, 1991 318is, 1991 318i, 1994 525iT, 1995 325is, 1996 M3 Coupe, 1997 328is, 2001 325i, 2001 Z3 2.5i, 2001 330i, 2001 525iT, 2006 F-250 SD and more...

Comment

^^^ The X5 headers are probably the easiest in terms of the least amount of work involved in making them fit especially on the driver side with clearance for the steering linkage. Myself I am looking at trying to fit the manifolds from the e38 that donated the motor for my swap. I am going to swap out the steering linkage with one that was done by another guy using two e46 linkages. We'll soon find out!!
                            Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                            on the head...
                            WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

Update: May 14

FINALLY done with the semester.

Just ordered a mess of stuff from Garagistic, Jegs and Summit to get my engine in the car and boosterless brake setup squared away. Now time to find a 5 speed 310Z and a manual eta driveshaft. Pictures as the stuff comes in.
                              Last edited by MJCRO; 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Have you installed the dash board yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X