Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Lovelock still believes anthropogenic global warming is occurring and that mankind must lower its greenhouse gas emissions, but says it’s now clear the doomsday predictions, including his own (and Al Gore’s) were incorrect.
    I'd agree with this. Do you as well since you quoted the article?
    sigpic

Comment

I'm sure humans may be contributing, but how significantly, I cannot assume to say. It's unfortunate we have not yet mastered time travel to go back and place sensors a few hundred thousand years back to get actual, long term results and measurements to use to accurately postulate from the scientific facts.

Comment

I'm sure humans may be contributing, but how significantly, I cannot assume to say. It's unfortunate we have not yet mastered time travel to go back and place sensors a few hundred thousand years back to get actual, long term results and measurements to use to accurately postulate from the scientific facts.
        We can't time travel back to when the universe began, but there is enough evidence to know about when it happened, and how the earth formed, etc. The evidence may not be exact, but it can be a close approximation.
        There is other evidence that was left behind that helps us understand how the climate changed and approximately what it was like if you were willing to read up on it. In fact, new "markers" are discovered almost every week, although you won't find out about them in the main stream news or the Toronto Sun. You have to read science journals and articles, which most people don't subscribe too.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I if understand a "close approximation" in the concept of percentages, a few degree change would fall somewhere within the percentage error area, right? So it could be meaningless, right?

Comment

Well, I if understand a "close approximation" in the concept of percentages, a few degree change would fall somewhere within the percentage error area, right? So it could be meaningless, right?
            Read the real science for yourself and decide. It's far from meaningless.
            sigpic

Comment

You'd think if it was far from meaningless, the science journals and publications would provide that material to the entire population as opposed to sympathetic paying readers.

One would think they would be providing this info to all of society so we could understand and make the changes implied to head off this catastrophic series of events.

Comment

common sense is no longer common there farb, attempting to use it will only cause more headaches than its worth. Your better off trying to beat your common sense out of your head on a brick wall
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

You'd think if it was far from meaningless, the science journals and publications would provide that material to the entire population as opposed to sympathetic paying readers.

One would think they would be providing this info to all of society so we could understand and make the changes implied to head off this catastrophic series of events.
                  its proprietary info only for true believers

ps. there is NO empirical data that proves AGW. lots of models, lots of data that supports biases in the models, but no smoking gun

edit; seriously, what do the AGW scientists have to hide when they will not give up their tax payer funded research, such as the algorithms behind michael mann's hockey stick bullshit. there should be a rule that if you accept tax-payer funded $ for AGW research EVERY model, EVERY calculation, EVERYTHING should be available for the public to see and challenge. NO exceptions, NONE.
                  Last edited by gwb72tii; 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Sounds like a religion.

Comment

Sounds like a religion.
                      So your opinion is that AGW theory is based on superstition and conspiracy? Then where does AGW denial stand for you? Is that based on science and facts moreso than the AGW theory? And if so, why are you quick to agree with the "evidence" of one but not the other?

BTW, aren't you a Christian, and me an atheist. Shouldn't that tell you something as to who is more willing to follow religion?
                      sigpic

Comment

herb, you sound awfully religious to me
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                          So your opinion is that AGW theory is based on superstition and conspiracy? Then where does AGW denial stand for you? Is that based on science and facts moreso than the AGW theory? And if so, why are you quick to agree with the "evidence" of one but not the other?

BTW, aren't you a Christian, and me an atheist. Shouldn't that tell you something as to who is more willing to follow religion?
                          Sounds like I've already got my God, I'm not on the hunt for something to fill that space within me. You...

Comment

So if you think humans may be contributing what would you do to figure out how much we are contributing and if it's significant or not?
                            sigpic

Comment

pretty easy to figure out anthropogenic CO2 right? <4% annually. even the "believers" agree with that figure.
                              the UN needs to outlaw volcano's, cows, and all animals that breath in O2 and exhale CO2
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                pretty easy to figure out anthropogenic CO2 right? <4% annually. even the "believers" agree with that figure.
                                the UN needs to outlaw volcano's, cows, and all animals that breath in O2 and exhale CO2
                                You can't answer the question can you so you decide to resort to snide comments? I guess I shouldn't have expected an intelligent debate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X