No announcement yet.

raceland coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put them in a buddy's vert and they are basically identical to Joms from what I could tell. (Just installed the Joms in another car about 2 days prior)

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
      Im just not a huge fan. Its a BMW, JOMS are of better quality then these things. But you still shouldnt fit a terrible coil-over to Gods chariot.
      Im pretty sure JOMs and Racelands come out of the same factories in China just branded seperately. JOMs are sold in Europe and Racelands are sold here in the states.

Comment

Was also under the impression that JOMs & Racelands were the same. I've only had experience with my buddy's JOMs though.

Comment

Thinking about ordering some for my Vert.

Comment

for people that are interested in these and want to go low, maybe you guys should run joms in the front and racelands in the rear?

Comment

racelands in the miata world are considered as low budget coilovers on the market. IMO if you don't mind rough ride quality and would like to drop the car at a budget, these are it.

Comment

racelands set up is identical to that of JOM's. I have a set of Joms. The rear springs are NOT good. They pinch and even with the adjuster removed my car was still sitting to stink bug for my liking. I replaced the rear springs with some GC.

The front however is very nice for daily driving.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                Ig:ryno_pzk
                I like the tuna here.
                Originally posted by lambo
                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                  racelands set up is identical to that of JOM's. I have a set of Joms. The rear springs are NOT good. They pinch and even with the adjuster removed my car was still sitting to stink bug for my liking. I replaced the rear springs with some GC.

The front however is very nice for daily driving.
                  Yeah these are definitely built for daily driving. I wouldn't dare take these to the track though. What # spring are you running in the rear and are you running the JOM strut for the rear?

Comment

#650 in the rear with the Jom rear strut. The rear strut is fine, no problems there at all

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a set. Can't go wrong for only 400 bucks. The ride has a little bounce to it not really noticeable unless you are driving over speed bumps on the freeway. Car rides like a dream now after doing the coilovers and replacing 2 blown rear shock mounts and replacing Front Control Arms, CSB, Full tie rods and Upper Strut Bearings.

Right now I'm sitting half way down on the front and all the way down in the rear. I had to raise the fronts because the tires were sitting on the inner fender wells during compression and rubbing the fenders when I turned.

After:

Comment

i wonder how this will look on a high arch car. is the spring pads and adjusters still in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Chriskbmx View Post
                          i wonder how this will look on a high arch car. is the spring pads and adjusters still in the rear?
                          I don't think it will look bad. I have one of the pads and the adjuster in the rear.

Comment

well just in case i just ordered 4inch springs lol

Comment

Originally posted by manpie View Post
                              I don't think it will look bad. I have one of the pads and the adjuster in the rear.

Looks nice man, I've been thinking about ordering these. What size tires are those, 60 or 65?

Comment

My personal review - keep in mind, I didn't buy these new, I found them in a PnP yard for a total of $91, so I really couldn't go wrong for the price. I came from my m10 318 having refreshed stock suspension with KYBs. When performing the 24v swap, I found these. Originally, I installed them with the matching struts, which lasted for around 6 months. Now, I'm running them with a junkyard set of Bilstein HDs (with shortened bumpstops). The HDs appeared to be practically new and came out of a vert with a snapped timing belt. With this combo installed, I personally like the ride. It is not too stiff, though you do feel potholes and other imperfections in the road. Cornering is decently flat for vert sways and tires with an actual sidewall. I feel that it is similar to my mom's 2003 e39 530i sport. Overall, I wasn't aiming to go super low, just to reduce fender gap and put a slightly stiffer spring in the car.

Final verdict: I like them, and would say that they are worth it, if you have another set of shocks for them.

Flame suit on.

2016-03-13_10-59-33 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

2016-03-13_10-57-45 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr
                                IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X