Does anyone's gas gauge actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stamar View Post
    Hey man dont soil your depends. With your yellow green or whatever colored shit those things dont grow on trees.

You can keep any car running forever if you dump money in it. Theres plenty of angry old men with limp weiners who have a caddilac and a 72 ford f150 hanging out.

Old vw bug, whatever. Whatever classic car you can want.

If you spend like 5000$ getting your crappy e30 pimped out what you really want is something valuable like a porsche 911 or a corvette.
    cause itll cost the same only people actually want a 911 its not some mass produced commuter car.

You can keep your chrysler cordoba in perfect condition forever too. Only I dont want to be that guy Id rather spend the same money on something nicer.

Pull the sending unit from a junkyard car. dont even pay for it pocket it. Put $200 towards the new car fund. Nobody cares about your new sending unit.

Skip the angry old man with soiled depends club who thinks an e30 bmw is a valuable car. That club is for people who arent that interesting to hang out with I promise you.
    I don't like you.
    You arguments are weak, immature and and filled with hyperbole to prove your lame opinions devoid of anything useful. You seem to have it all figured out though, pal.
    Thank you for your infinite wisdom and scathing incite, though. Move along.

To those who are interested in trying out a new sender after you have tried what Greg, jleivie and many others have suggested, here is a great price. Siemens/VDO, too.

Last edited by ZinnoBerrotEta; 08-19-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Oh yeh, and Greg is the man! A true stand up guy.

Comment

my gas gauge works just fine!
        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by e30Villain View Post
          Let's face it, we have e30s partially because we are enthusiasts but also partially because we're broke.

Um, no.

Originally posted by ZinnoBerrotEta View Post
          I don't like you.
          You arguments are weak, immature and and filled with hyperbole to prove your lame opinions devoid of anything useful.
          You left out awarding him no points and hoping God has mercy on his soul.

Also, lol.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
            Remove the sending unit from the pump assemble. Spray carb fluid into the tiny hole then shake the floater up and down a few time. When you dump out the carb fluid you should see blank/brown flecks. Do this about 5x or until you see no more flecks and the floater move up and down freely. Your gas gauge should be reading correctly after re-install.

Gona try this out. Thanks! :up:
            87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Um, no.

You left out awarding him no points and hoping God has mercy on his soul.

Also, lol.
              HAHAHA, I knew that's the movie that reminded me of!! When I read it back to myself, I kept thinking to myself that it sounded like something I'd heard before. Now that I think of it, I actually read it back to myself in the same way the moderator of that debate said his line in the movie. haha, that's great. Thanks for that.

And I wholeheartedly agree with your "um, no" response above to that gentleman's post

Comment

Here's a little video DIY on tightening those 7mm nuts, and cleaning the corrosion on the terminals of the temperature and fuel gauges:

BULBS: http://amzn.to/1TtjcPnBMW TOOL: http://amzn.to/2kWVtlvIf your gas or temperature gauges are working intermittently, it's likely due to one of three is...
                Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Ha- thanks for bumping- R3v was feistier back a few years ago.

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

mine worked perfectly, but after I put in walbro pump it doesn't work for shit. not sure if the sock filter is blocking the sending unit? I suppose i'll pull it out and try cleaning it this weekend

Comment

mine sucks... I worked on it this week in fact! mine always reads full.. but if I probe at the sending unit wires and jump it straight to ground the gauge will read full, if I add a resistor between (thus imitating what the sending unit is doing) then gauge will read somewhere in the middle, this OBVIOUSLY lead me to think the sending unit is bad and not working!... WRONG! replaced the sending unit with a known working one.. still same problem, so yesterday I took the cluster out and cleaned the prongs, now it randomly works and then randomly goes back to full again. when it works it fluctuates a lot when turning or accelerating just like your describing but it overall seems to be somewhat accurate

87 325es - M50 Boosted - Link to BUILD THREAD
                      07 328xi wagon 6mt - daily

Comment

1. Lots of members we haven't seen in a while, which is sad.
                        2. Stamar is unlikable.
                        3. So many people ignoring info from jlevie and Greg.
                        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
                          Here's a little video DIY on tightening those 7mm nuts, and cleaning the corrosion on the terminals of the temperature and fuel gauges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01N5G6fZTVI
                          Nicely put together video.
                          sigpic
                          Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                          1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                          Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Both are fine in my car. But Im in for peoples fixes on here in the likely event mine die

Comment

Working...
                            X