Just started Massbay for BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be pretty sweet- as well as new cars there are old ones. Got an e34, e36 vert, e30 318is, and a couple others. Check out this interior!!

"Upside down" twin turbo engine. The new valve timing stuff is amazing on the new engines, they have a main cam for the valves then the second cam alters the first to make the valves open 10x as much when it's wanted. One of the teachers said new BMW's are shit though- the worst they've been in years and he said if you have anything with a 45 in it's name to sell it immediately haha. I guess the m60 had some recall? Don't really know. Will post more pics as it goes and hopefully be able to help out more around here!
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Is that the interior from the 325is you are parting out?

Comment

Originally posted by e30rida View Post
      Is that the interior from the 325is you are parting out?

No that's the interior of a 318is at the school. It's amazingly beautiful. That grime on the passenger only shows because of the flash. It has no engine but damn there is not a single piece of rust on that car, the original heat shielding is still there and everything. The school gets cars and engines that had some problem, straight from BMW so I'm willing to bet that car has been in there since shortly after it was made.
      BMW tech
      Umass Amherst
      05 wrx sti

Comment

Comment

What is "Massbay" and what BMWs have '45' in the name?

Comment

Originally posted by st1g View Post
            what is "massbay" and what bmws have '45' in the name?
            +1
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Massachusetts bay community college is a prestigious place, to learn about all the amazing things in the world, like precalc, MS office 2013, critical thinking, and an amazing car manufacturer BMW. While there don't miss out on the squeaky desks and the fine wooden desks in the library.

It's pretty cool so far. Auto has been a recap of the preliminary research I did on cars, but hopefully we will start tearing into engines soon. It feels like a high school- everyone commutes. I'm doing the 2 year auto gig because it's an industry I could see myself having fun in, and it can lead to many different paths. And Bmw's like 745 and such.

Have any of you ever seen a 530i? There is one in the shop that has a 3.0 v8, super weird

Speaking of m60! http://www.way2speed.com/2014/08/bmw...#axzz3lIxdxGmh
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

Oh okay, lol. Congrats on the new schooling! I thought you were talking about engines in 45, like N45 (which I've never heard of)
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                  Oh okay, lol. Congrats on the new schooling! I thought you were talking about engines in 45, like N45 (which I've never heard of)

Thanks Stonea!

Check out that mileage..... 😱 The m42 is laying around in pieces and it will probably never be on the road again because of school policy stuff but wow. 12K 318is... I thought it was 120k and then I got in and was stunned
                  BMW tech
                  Umass Amherst
                  05 wrx sti

Comment

Working...
                  X