No announcement yet.

Got in an accident and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argue the first claim. The adjuster quoted me $3700, then insurance only wanted to give me $1650, I argued with them and got $2700 and it was totalled. This was an 89 auto 4 door with busted paint and original suspension, so I actually made money off of it. I saw it parked in a college parking garage. I guess someone bought it at auction and had the front end fixed. Was kinda neat.

Comment

So I just got great news.

Tomorrow, we'll be looking at a vert with a 5spd and 130k miles for a crazy low price. If I can scoop it up, I can consider myself ridiculously lucky. No leaks, no burning oil, no rust and a relatively new top.

WITH a backlog of maintenance records dating back to 1994. Even with all the stuff I did to the auto vert, I can finally perfect driving stick (with the benefit of it being a theft repellant), and have the safety of knowing that it was enthusiast owned. I'm so hyped right now it's unreal.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

good luck with the purchase ,hope its as good as it sounds .

and hopefully insurance money will cover most if not all the new vert, and then you can part out the old one for the rest if not.....

could be a win allround
        Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD
        :)

Comment

A blessing in disguise? gl Ulrich
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

+1 on throwing all your good parts onto the new car and parting out the rest. Your front fenders are worth like $100/ea if they're in good shape. You could get $400 for the top easily. The interior could fetch at least 500 if in good shape. You could return your investment for both cars

Also with records/old school enthusiast owned I'd pay extra.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

:(:(I crashed my 91 last year into a freeway wall and buckled the front frame rails. A trip to the junkyard for a front clip, negotiation with my adjuster, and a week at the shop, she was good as new with a clean title.[/QUOTE]

with a clean title

Comment

Sounds a lot like what happened to my car. Still ran great and I drove it home bouncing redline in anger and knowing it would be my last drive. It was totaled quickly but I did buy it back and parted out the car to the frame. I knew that it was time to move on. For reference, it's an 1989 325i with 200k+ on chassis, M50 swap and other things. I believe I got $3,800 from insurance and bought it back for $1,100-ish? This was a few years ago. Here's a photo...

NOT OP'S CAR

1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

^
                  WTF? How the hell does somebody do that to another person's car?

Comment

Originally posted by phenobarb1 View Post
                    ^
                    WTF? How the hell does somebody do that to another person's car?
                    He lives in FL, biggest idiot drivers in the world, total entitlement, watch me drive 15 mph UNDER the speed limit with my cell phone eye level, don't tell me how to drive, I'm the best and the baddest driver in the universe,

I live in VA for work, my wife and kids live in Orlando, when I go home, she drives almost everywhere, I can't handle it, I want to kill people,

before when I used to come home, I drove a 93 Z71 Chevy 4x4, wanna talk about respect, not taken, but given quickly, when the fuck tards driving stupidly, they all of a sudden see the size of it, immediate back down, happens all the time, ever seen a "enter age here" teen girl in a Honda, try to take on a 4x4, it quite entertaining,

its the worst texting and driving area in the world, to many people vs sheriffs deputies, in my opinion,

red car owner, tell us how Ford driver decided to destroy your nice car,
                    88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

So insurance got back to me.

Looks like I'll be getting a check for $4,657.50. I nearly shit my pants when I heard that number. That's nearly 2k more than I paid for it and probably more than I could sell it for, being a slushbox vert.

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAH

Comment

great news (good kharma),did you look at or purchase the other vert you mentioned?
                        did you ask about buying it back?
                        Angus
                        88 E30M3 X2
                        89 325IX
                        92 R100GS/PD
                        :)

Comment

Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
                          great news (good kharma),did you look at or purchase the other vert you mentioned?
                          did you ask about buying it back?
                          I started a new thread in the member's rides subforum. I took out all the parts I could scavenge from the last vert and will be moving them over to the new one.

Comment

That's good money,
                            88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Working...
                            X