No announcement yet.

2014 Caravan Thread - California -> Oregon -> Tacoma, WA - Friday, June 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've created this thread to get a caravan going from our past meeting location for a large group of the California group. This will be for Friday, June 27th.

In years past, Andrew and I have left for the Picnic on the Friday before Picnic weekend, and met up with a large group from California at the Costco off I-5 in Salem, at about mid-day. We have a fueling/bathroom/food break, and then get back on to I-5 through Portland for the final trek to Tacoma. We have also in years past, met up with the crew in Portland and doubled the size of the caravan.

I would like to continue this tradition with one minor modification, that is that Andrew will no longer be living in Bend and riding with me! He'll be living in Portland, so we can swing through Portland after Salem to snatch him up! This is a great location to meet, Costco in Salem is literally like a 1/2 mile off of I-5, and access back on is as simple as could be. Costco has great fuel prices, and we can get food, hit the bathrooms, and pick up just about anything else you might need.

I don't have a set time yet for what time we'd like to meet, but the last leg from Salem to Tacoma is about 3-ish hours or so. I think in the past, we've met there about mid-day, so let's get an idea of how many people are going to meet up with us for this caravan, and we'll start to drill down the details.
    Last edited by Jand3rson; 03-05-2014, 06:30 PM.

Edited this thread and re-submitted it for the 2014 Caravan!

Comment

SCCA nationals and pro solo are around this time, if there is no scheduling conflict I am down like a clown

Comment

I would be down for this! It would be kind of a stretch to drive from socal to salem in one day, but I might be able to stay with friends in SF.
        '91 325i

Comment

I wish :( heading up Saturday this year.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            I wish :( heading up Saturday this year.
            Bollocks! Why can't you come Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
              Bollocks! Why can't you come Friday?
              GF didn't get Saturday off this year and we're riding together.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                GF didn't get Saturday off this year and we're riding together.
                Girl doesn't know how to call in sick? Tell her to tell them she's having "feminine issues". They never second-guess that one.

Comment

Caravan

Hey so got an e30 about a month ago and I'm tryin to get involved and meet some other e30 lovers! So I'm located in Tacoma so for me when would you meet up here and what exactly is the plan?!
                  Cheers, Brett

Comment

So guys, we're coming up on just 2 months until Picnic weekend, who's in for this particular caravan?

Comment

Coming up on ONE MONTH until Picnic time, let's start to get some people nailed down and details set for this.

Comment

Hello E30 brethren in the North!

My roommate and I shall likely be following this path/timeline. Looking to leave my area around 5am Josh. That would put me in Salem around 2pm roughly. Doable?

I would honestly like to be through Portland before that if I can swing it... Nasty traffic.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

C

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
                            Hello E30 brethren in the North!

My roommate and I shall likely be following this path/timeline. Looking to leave my area around 5am Josh. That would put me in Salem around 2pm roughly. Doable?

I would honestly like to be through Portland before that if I can swing it... Nasty traffic.
                            Sounds good, we had also talked briefly the other day about getting to the Salem Costco at about 1pm, which I'm fine with. Even earlier is alright, doesn't matter to me. Andrew and I are talking about meeting at or near Portland Meadows, maybe that Shari's right there that we've stopped at the last few years?

Comment

so any socal or bay area peeps in? I can maybe come up to the bay area thursday night and leave with you guys friday morning to meet in salem at the appointed time.
                              '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X