SSSquid Chip Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSSquid Chip Review.

From the jump I felt my car having a new life. Power was very noticeable as well as throttle response. Great buy man. Thank you SSSquid. Anyone looking for a chip he's the man. Don't hesitate when it come to coughing up the money. Its well worth it. Here's a rough video on the first test. Kind of hard to hold my phone and drive at the same time, but you get the point.

"E30 4 lyfe!"

Comment

Best bang for the buck ECU Chip
      1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

Comment

:thankyou: it makes me happy that you all are happy
        try not to hold your phone and drive from now on though! be safe :)

Comment

Free bump! Installed his 2.7l stroker chip months ago and absolutely love it! noticed the difference right away! Great product! highly recommended

Comment

Can't wait to get my SSSQUID chip and install it in my car. Seems like the best one out there, also the best price.
            '71 E-Type Jag
            '91 318iS

Comment

Mid discussion about chipping my cabrio and I mentioned I was heading to Tampa. Not only did he travel to meet me to installed the chip and injectors but did a street tune as well.

It doesn't get any better.
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by bbs_s52 View Post
                Free bump! Installed his 2.7l stroker chip months ago and absolutely love it! noticed the difference right away! Great product! highly recommended
                :up:

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                Mid discussion about chipping my cabrio and I mentioned I was heading to Tampa. Not only did he travel to meet me to installed the chip and injectors but did a street tune as well.

It doesn't get any better.
                In my experience E30 people tend to be very nice, so I always try to make sure I return the favors that the community has done for me! It was nice to meet you. Say hi next time you're in town.

Comment

I've had a Sssquid chip in my 325ix for about 7 months as my daliy and it woke the car up and makes it run nice too! Thanks Jesse! My chip is tuned for 91 oct and 19lb injectors. (Yellow)
                  Build Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                  Parts Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

didn't know there was a review on the SSSQUID tuning chips!

I've had the M30b35 91octane tune in my M30 swapped E30 along with some IE headers and it really work up the mid to high RPM range, and I find it runs smoother at idle too.

PLUS still passed smog test!

A++++++ in my books all day!
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

M42 chip here, 91 octane tuned for m52/s52 pinktop injectors. AWESOME PRODUCT

cant comment on before/after gas mileage but the lil m42 has so much more torque down low and that's the best part. Pulls all the way to 7000 now too. I absolutely love the transformation.

only problem I have noticed, which is not even that major, or one I can definitely link to the chip, is when stone cold and at partial throttle between 2-3000rpm the car can kind of has power that surges on/off. This is at 10-20% throttle, so barely nothing. I figure it has to do with the fueling the chip is tuned for. Once warmed even halfway warmed up the issue is gone. only does it within the first 10 blocks of leaving anywhere stone cold.

Once again, LOVE SSSQUID's chip in my e30 m42

EDIT: problem was a bad oxygen sensor. universal Bosch solved it car runs stellar
                      Last edited by 5Toes; 09-17-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Excellent results on my 2.7i. My exhaust has a boom to it at 2k rpm, and the chip actually added enough torque to noticeably quiet it down on the highway as I need less throttle. Power band broader, doesn't fall away before redline, smooth idle, haven't had any blips at all, it's great.

Also very nice guy and the lifetime warranty (even second hand) shows he stands behind the tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                          Excellent results on my 2.7i.
                          Same outcome on my build. I noticed an immediate change on startup (was running a temporary tune) when I swapped to the sssquid tune after my SETA 2.7i build.

Great person to work with who cares about the e30 community.

-Justin

Comment

Sssquid is the man! Killer chip at a killer price! I ran his 91 octane chip in my M20B25 for thousands of miles before I chose to change engines.

I did the classic test with two DME's, a stocker and a Sssquid. Night and day difference. Took a passenger along and their "neck snap" was much more pronounced.
                            1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                            5-Speed Swapped
                            M30B35 Swapped
                            MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
                            260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Jesse @ SSSquid is a great guy. This is my second chip/tune from him, the first being for a 2.8L M20 and the second being for a 2.5L M20 with bolt ons.

Jesse and I exchanged over 30 emails about advice on the mods I should do for the best use of my budget. This was all before I ordered the chip, and when I did, the price was unchanged.

He goes above and beyond. The car is running great on the new chip, a marked improvement over stock.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X