No announcement yet.

Worst car you could buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see all the hate for all the Chrysler products. I've driven the 300C with the Hemi and loved it! It's a great alternative to spending thousands more on something European. Not to mention the reduced parts and service costs
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
      I work at a Kia dealer and they're alright. Great of you just want something to get you around. Plus they have a decent warranty. We just replaced a complete engine on an 08 Rondo with 80k miles because the owner didn't do regular maintenance. All under warranty. The biggest problem with Kia is the people that buy them don't take care of them.
      I think that can be said for a lot of cars in general. If the owner is a non-enthusiast type, they are more likely to view their car as a durable good (like an appliance) and just run the thing until something goes very wrong versus folks like us who enjoy driving, maintaining, and upgrading our cars (whether they are newer or older cars). It's these non-enthusiast owners you want to avoid if they are selling their ride on Craigslist.....lord knows what you are buying into.

In recent weeks I have been researching and test driving vehicles to replace my Tacoma pickup. I stumbled upon a 2004 Nissan Frontier King Cab pickup, local 1-owner, just 83K miles, super clean in & out due to being garaged since day one, and no accidents or stories. A bit of unicorn considering most import pickups this age have a bazillion miles on them and where used as work vehicles with battle scars everywhere. The seller was an older guy who used this truck as a second vehicle and the occasional trip to Home Depot. After a 15 minute test drive, I bought it. Below is the only pic I have, I'll eventually get more....

Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I'll agree with a Nissan Versa. I had one as a rental and it was borderline dangerous to drive around in Boston. It didn't have any power to merge. I pissed off so many northerners, but what am I to do? I will judge very harshly if I ever meet someone that owns a versa.

Also, Jeep Patriot. My old roommate has one, and it's just a pile. Very cheap feeling, falling apart, sensors failing at 2 years. If you ever met him, you'd understand he'd be one to buy that.
        1989 325i S50 swapped
        2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Wanna PM me what you got that for? I am looking for one just like it for use around the house.

Comment

Im gonna have to go with Chrysler as well, and my daily is a Grand Cherokee. Only reason i bought it was cuz of the Merc diesel in it.

I rent cars for work travel, and i mean, a lot. Easily spend more days in a rental then driving my own vehicles and i will absolutely not take a Chrysler product, closely followed by the chevy. I can't believe that the Cruze is in the same category as the Focus. The Focus is miles ahead in interior, road dynamics and overall quality.

My go to car is a Ford Fuzion with the ecoboost engine. That thing is just the tits. Closely followed by the Hyundai Elantra. Just sucks that National is phasing those cars out and pushing the Chrysler 200s in their rental centers.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_liner740 View Post
              Im gonna have to go with Chrysler as well, and my daily is a Grand Cherokee. Only reason i bought it was cuz of the Merc diesel in it.

I rent cars for work travel, and i mean, a lot. Easily spend more days in a rental then driving my own vehicles and i will absolutely not take a Chrysler product, closely followed by the chevy. I can't believe that the Cruze is in the same category as the Focus. The Focus is miles ahead in interior, road dynamics and overall quality.

My go to car is a Ford Fuzion with the ecoboost engine. That thing is just the tits. Closely followed by the Hyundai Elantra. Just sucks that National is phasing those cars out and pushing the Chrysler 200s in their rental centers.
              I had a cruze as a rental last month, and it's definitely what I expected...garbage. I upgraded hoping for a Subaru legacy, and they switched me into a cruze. Interior was already falling apart, the transmission seemed like it never knew what gear to be in, and it didn't even get that great of gas mileage. My roommate just bought one of these not too long ago, and it makes me question him as a person.
              1989 325i S50 swapped
              2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                I don't see all the hate for all the Chrysler products. I've driven the 300C with the Hemi and loved it! It's a great alternative to spending thousands more on something European. Not to mention the reduced parts and service costs
                This is because the 300s are derived from Mercedes, but with a proven Hemi engine. Other Chrysler products are improving, but not there yet. The Dart was supposed to take over the compact market, but it still sits near the bottom of the Car and Driver comparison. The 200s are just so so...My brother-in-law works for ZF and tells me to stay far away from the 9-speed transmission. Competition is tough and Chrysler is not up to par yet.
                Last edited by dnguyen1963; 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X