No announcement yet.

Should I sell my car already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm keeping all my E30s, but I'm kicking around the idea of a E93 335ic for daily duties. Why bother with a 1-series when you have what inspired it?

Comment

Originally posted by XwalkerX View Post
      truth be told I get bored of cars easily.
      typically I get a new daily every year or so.
      I've always felt the opposite. Buy a car to keep it. With that said, I think you should pass down your e30 while it's still in decent shape, and pick up your friend's car. Since you're not going to keep it for more than a year, you won't lose very much money on the deal, and someone else will get to enjoy your e30. Everyone wins.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

to answer your question, yes
        88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

I have my care for 3 years top :)

Comment

Keep the e30.
            1991 E30 318is - Project car
            1995 E36 M3 - Impulse buy
            1998 E36 M3 - Weekend car
            2002 E46 325i - Daily
            --------------
            1991 E30 325i - Sold
            2003 E39 540i Msport - Sold

Comment

I can help.

It isn’t a 1M.

It isn’t special.

It isn’t an e30.

keep your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              '88 325is. built M20. dd.
              '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Keep it and also buy the 135 if you can. Why would you sell your e30 anyway? Is there some rule against too much awesome or somerhing?

Comment

my ex co-worker sold his 135i , to buy his E30 M3. Id keep the E30.
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Your e30 looks really nice man. So are 135s though lol.. just bought one actually.. Space grey on coral red. I have a s50 turbo e30 I'm working on as my project but i can tell you that it is not as clean as yours! Beautiful car man and good luck!
                    88' E30 325 24v Turbo Coupe
                    91' E30 325i Sedan
                    09' E82 135i Coupe (Sold)
                    01' E46 325ci Coupe (Sold)
                    97' E36 328is Coupe (Sold)
                    91' E30 325i m52 Coupe (Sold)
                    90' E30 325is Coupe (Sold)
                    90' E30 325ic Coupe (Sold)
                    88' E30 325is m20 Turbo Coupe (Sold)
                    88' E30 325 Coupe (Sold)
                    87' E30 325e Coupe (Sold)
                    86' E30 325es Coupe (Sold)

Comment

This guy can afford $15k swapped E30s so it's not like he has any emotional attachment. It's been all of four months and you're already bored. I've had my 170hp 325is for 5 years now and when the time comes I'll relieve it of it's duties as my DD and maybe throw in a turbo or dedicate her to some track usage. One thing is for sure though, this car stays with me for life.

Maybe you can treat your DDADHD with some Audierall?

lol jk i'm jealous

Comment

Wait a few years and have them both. 1 series is only going to go down in price. Gives you a chance to see what the engines really do with some mileage and if you still want one, they are making crap-tons of them every year at the BMW plant so there will be lots to choose from.

E30's, not so much. I see that supply running out more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                          This guy can afford $15k swapped E30s so it's not like he has any emotional attachment. It's been all of four months and you're already bored. I've had my 170hp 325is for 5 years now and when the time comes I'll relieve it of it's duties as my DD and maybe throw in a turbo or dedicate her to some track usage. One thing is for sure though, this car stays with me for life.

Maybe you can treat your DDADHD with some Audierall?

lol jk i'm jealous
                          Kind of want to echo what he said. If it's been 4 months and you're already bored of a car that takes some people years to build identically, you don't seem to have any sort of attachment to it. I mean, you sold a nice Porsche for the e30, so it looks like you play the opportunist-game - no big deal, on to the next! So just buy the 1'er while you can at this great deal he's offering you. Once you get bored of that, it doesn't seem like you're going to lose anything, so whatcha waitin' for? + It's a nicer/ergonomic car.

The only thing you're losing at this point is males are going to dramatically stop approaching you now to chat about your car. This could be a good or bad thing. :)

In my shoes, I would do what I can to have both. Especially if I'm getting the new car at a really good deal (nothing to lose).
                          Daily the 1'er and tinker with the e30.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

if i had room to keep 2 vehicles i wouldnt have just sold my 1970 C10.

so two cars is out of the question.

ill prob just list the E30 soon then just enjoy it until someone buys it.

but i will say tonights blast up from San Diego to Long Beach in 1.5 hrs was pretty fun.

Comment

pics of the truck??
                              88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X