Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is a clean euro 323i e30 worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    A rust free car in CT is a good find. CT is one of those borderline states, where you could get something nice and you could also get something rusty. It all depends on where the car was before CT - whether if came from further south or up north. The buyer's price seems to be his asking price... I would def talk him down by at least half a k

4K is what he wants, it seems really solid to me. I know what a shit one looks like from my car, and this is nothing like it. I'm gonna try my best to scoop it
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Comment

So was it a B27i/L-Jet, or just regular M20B27?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
        So was it a B27i/L-Jet, or just regular M20B27?

I'm pretty sure it's a regular b27. It has the euro cooling shit and the battery is in the front but everything else is the same
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Holy shit r3v I'm picking up the car Saturday morning. Someone may come buy my car tonight and if they don't I'm going to snag a storage unit and strip everything off the iS I have and leave it as a roller so it can be towed for scrap. I think 4K is a really fair asking price, if not a solid deal. I'm soooo excited.
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

4k seems fair. Interior is clean. I love that old phone. If you ditch that im in hahaha. GL with it, and good to step up. What you have seems pretty beat.

Comment

No useful info in that ad but it might be worth the asking price.

I paid $1,500 for mine.

But I couldn't sell it for less than $12,000 now.

Mmmm
              Der Cherry Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                4k seems fair. Interior is clean. I love that old phone. If you ditch that im in hahaha. GL with it, and good to step up. What you have seems pretty beat.
                Thanks rcsoundn1, I think it's a good investment. I looked for anything off and I couldn't see "the catch" or anything. I can't freakin wait. The cat is super low to the ground but it should be fine.

The phone is def staying =). The buyer seemed sketchy to me too considering how little info was in the ad, but as you guys will see, it's nice.

Someone is coming to look at mine and I hope the take it, but if they don't I'm gonna buy a storage unit for 1 month and strip the entire car with some buddies and just fill my room with parts. Mostly drivetrain because I have to keep it a roller for scrap.

Originally posted by SoCal323i View Post

I paid $1,500 for mine.

those seats are creammmmmmm!! Nice job. Is it a euro or a us with euro bumps? The poster made me a video which was cool, and he's a good guy. The car comes with billy's for the rear, it's on coils right now. Extra door and trunk, head unit, and other stuff. I bet it would have sold really fast if he had more pics and more info, I was surprised when I got there
                BMW tech
                Umass Amherst
                05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal323i View Post

I paid $1,500 for mine.

Are those real hartge seats? If so then are worth like 3k alone

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

So the body is an 85' and the engine is an 87' m20b27, the owner says I could order parts from the 325e for brakes and stuff, is this true? I'm in no rush to order parts but I'm curious about the compatibility from one model to the other. Are the brakes the same on an e car as an i car for example? Is the dif from an e car the same as an i car?
                    BMW tech
                    Umass Amherst
                    05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                      So the body is an 85' and the engine is an 87' m20b27, the owner says I could order parts from the 325e for brakes and stuff, is this true? I'm in no rush to order parts but I'm curious about the compatibility from one model to the other. Are the brakes the same on an e car as an i car for example? Is the dif from an e car the same as an i car?
                      eta vs i differences: http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/differences.html

Some stuff on the 323i: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/323i

Grats on the car opie, wish that had been around a few months prior when I was looking :rofl:.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
                        eta vs i differences: http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/differences.html

Some stuff on the 323i: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/323i

Grats on the car opie, wish that had been around a few months prior when I was looking :rofl:.

Thanks for that first link. It's a super eta! Gonna toss some pics up tomorrow in the members rides section =)
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Did you ever run the vin to see if it is an actual euro car?

Comment

In the US market, the 325i and e had the same brakes. The only differences were in the engine, exhaust, and a few trim packages depending on the year. You would be more interested in the difference between the 325i and the 323i for the brakes. For instance, in europe, the 325i got the top of the line stuff, whereas the 323i might not have had as much standard equipment. you'd think .2 of a liter wouldn't matter but I guess they had to make do with what they had. Anyway, the most I know is that the early 318's had drum brakes in the rear and smaller diameter shocks. Other than that, I believe it's the same across the board, but you'd want to double check. I remember reading about the differences somewhere on the internet, but because none of that applies to me, none of it stuck. But it shouldn't be hard to find

Also.. if you have a seta motor, that's fantastic! Be sure to find the head casting numbers and double check etc. The stricktlyeta page mentioned above is great

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

In the US market, the 325i and e had the same brakes. The only differences were in the engine, exhaust, and a few trim packages depending on the year. You would be more interested in the difference between the 325i and the 323i for the brakes. For instance, in europe, the 325i got the top of the line stuff, whereas the 323i might not have had as much standard equipment. you'd think .2 of a liter wouldn't matter but I guess they had to make do with what they had. Anyway, the most I know is that the early 318's had drum brakes in the rear and smaller diameter shocks. Other than that, I believe it's the same across the board, but you'd want to double check. I remember reading about the differences somewhere on the internet, but because none of that applies to me, none of it stuck. But it shouldn't be hard to find

Also.. if you have a seta motor, that's fantastic! Be sure to find the head casting numbers and double check etc. The stricktlyeta page mentioned above is great
                              The 85 325e had non vented brakes in the front.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                                Did you ever run the vin to see if it is an actual euro car?
                                Of course haha check out the car and the first pic is the VIN decoded

Is it possible to check the casting numbers without removing the intake manifold? It's says "2.7 eta" on the passenger side and it's connected to a seta cluster and I didn't beat on it but one time I got it up to like 5200, if it wasn't a seta it would have stopped at like 4500? go check it out too =)

BMW tech
                                Umass Amherst
                                05 wrx sti

Comment

Working...
                                X