LS swap header/exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS swap header/exhaust options

Hey guys, I am at the step where I have to decide on which way to go with the exhaust on my LS2 E30swap. I have the Sanderson headers with custom built down pipes, flex pipes and an H pipe that I purchased from a fellow forum member. They will work and they're already built so it would be fairly easy I'll post a picture. But my project crypt from a used LS1 to a built LS2 so I'm looking at options. I have Garretts engine mounts so even if I was OK with paying $1000 for mild steel coated headers I can't buy the Sikky headers and be sure that they would fit. So it looks like I will probably have to fabricate my own if I want large/long tube headers. I looked at the stainless steel CX headers for the E36 and I could possibly modify them to fit in the E30 but they're only i1 5/8" in primary diameter. My motor is bored and has stage to TSP heads with a 220 cam. From the research that I have done I think I am better off going with 1 7/8" long tube header. I know this topic has been brought up before but I figured I would share where I am in the project with you guys and get your thoughts. Thank you.

I'm interested to see what you are able to do. I am also looking to buy some longtubes but I have custom mounts so I am in the same boat as you. Keep us updated on what you decide to give a try and how well it works out. I am a bit surprised you went with a smaller cam on a built LS2 I have a 4.8 in mine with a 224r cam.
    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Thats a small cam for an ls1, so its definitley small for a bored out ls2, but it should still put down some good numbers.
      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Cam

I was going to go bigger but I am getting older and I like nice a idle and air conditioning.

Comment

Working...
        X