Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    not true my friend
    something made up of hypotheses is/are hypothetical also.

as you define it, a group of hypotheses become theory when available evidence supports the hypotheses, correct? that does not make the hypotheses any less hypothetical, it only means the hypotheses have not been contradicted at this time by alternate hypotheses or evidence, no? so a group of hypotheses that happen to be supported by current evidence, called a theory, are no longer hypothetical? is that what you're saying?
    I'm saying that you're not worth discussing this issue with, because you'd rather make pedantic, fallacious and obtuse arguments.

Comment

ok let's hypothesize that you're correct (cale, that means pretend for your info)
      tell me your solution and why global warming is a bad thing
      and you've yet to answer a simple question of why reducing annual CO2 emissions <1% will prevent GW

let me get this straight, you've been arguing this entire time that global warming is not real and you never bothered to find out what global warming entails? lololol.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Co2 is a definite player in global temperature controls, look at our neighboring planets. To say it's not is non sense. But from what I have seen man made global warming is irrelevant. The amount of Co2 emitted from active volcanos is gargantuan. Maybe we should plug all those up?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

hey kershaw
          does temperature lag or preceed CO2 change?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hey kershaw
            does temperature lag or preceed CO2 change?
            Keep fucking that chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
              Keep fucking that chicken.
              Jesus christ shut the fuck up you nit.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                Jesus christ shut the fuck up you nit.
                Ok mr man made global warming is irrelevant just because you say so. Just put the gun down, take your meds and nobody is going to get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                  Ok mr man made global warming is irrelevant just because you say so. Just put the gun down, take your meds and nobody is going to get hurt.
                  You add absolutely nothing to any single discussion in this section of r3v. You are a child and even that is an insult to children everywhere.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

do not feed trolls
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                      Co2 is a definite player in global temperature controls, look at our neighboring planets. To say it's not is non sense. But from what I have seen man made global warming is irrelevant. The amount of Co2 emitted from active volcanos is gargantuan. Maybe we should plug all those up?
                      The burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use results in the emission into the atmosphere of approximately 30 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide per year worldwide, according to the EIA. The fossil fuels emissions numbers are about 100 times bigger than even the maximum estimated volcanic CO2 fluxes. Our understanding of volcanic discharges would have to be shown to be very mistaken before volcanic CO2 discharges could be considered anything but a bit player in contributing to the recent changes observed in the concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere.

<p>Volcanoes emit around 0.3 billion tonnes of CO2 per year. This is about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 29 billion tonnes per year.</p>

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (http://cdiac.ornl.gov/) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

USGS: Volcano Hazards Program - Hawaiian Volcano Observatory USGS: Volcano Hazards Program Hawaiian Volcano Observatory

It seems as though your make-shit-up meter needs to be calibrated if you wish you use it as a tool to argue AGW.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        The burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use results in the emission into the atmosphere of approximately 30 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide per year worldwide, according to the EIA. The fossil fuels emissions numbers are about 100 times bigger than even the maximum estimated volcanic CO2 fluxes. Our understanding of volcanic discharges would have to be shown to be very mistaken before volcanic CO2 discharges could be considered anything but a bit player in contributing to the recent changes observed in the concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere.

<p>Volcanoes emit around 0.3 billion tonnes of CO2 per year. This is about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 29 billion tonnes per year.</p>

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website (http://cdiac.ornl.gov/) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8 billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.

USGS: Volcano Hazards Program - Hawaiian Volcano Observatory USGS: Volcano Hazards Program Hawaiian Volcano Observatory

It seems as though your make-shit-up meter needs to be calibrated if you wish you use it as a tool to argue AGW.
                        i believe he was making a broader point little man
                        the fact, agreed to even by your side, is that man is an insignificant contributor to annual CO2 emissions

and maybe you can answer for kershaw
                        if CO2 lags or proceeds GW
                        Last edited by gwb72tii; 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM.
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't have the knowledge to say either way (you should try using this line sometime), nor am I a firm believer in AGW (as I've said many a time when discussing this topic). I simply like to point out your and others horrendous understanding of what constitutes factual science and not skeptic-fueled propaganda. You've proven time and time again you barely understand the basic principles of scientific study yet you wish to include yourself in discussions which rely heavily on an understanding of those concepts. You need a helmet and reflective vest to play here old man, I'm done with you.

Comment

Excuse me if this has been discussed previously but I feel compelled to comment on the arguments on this page.

Talking about mankind's contribution to CO2 emissions-

The amount of CO2 we release may be a small fraction of the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, but this doesn't mean it should not be disregarded.

First thing to keep in mind. The majority of man-made CO2 emissions are from fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are actually CO2 that has been converted and stored in the ground, coal and oil that we burn are comprised of CO2 that was previously in the atmosphere a long time ago.

CO2 naturally cycles in and out of the atmosphere, the fact is that we are disturbing the natural process and pumping a considerable amount of CO2 into the atmosphere that was previously trapped in the ground.

Back to the subject of our contribution of CO2 being negligible-

It may seem negligible, but so does a change in average temperature of 1 degree Celsius doesn't it? Every 1 degree Celsius that the global average temperature rises has drastic effects on the entire planet. In fact an increase of average global temperature of just 6 degrees Celsius would mean the end of life on earth. Small change, massive and catastrophic effects.

Global climate change is upon us, how fucked we are is uncertain, but it is not too late to try and fix the situation.
                            Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
                              In fact an increase of average global temperature of just 6 degrees Celsius would mean the end of life on earth. .
                              Extremely skeptical of this number, please show me where you came up with it. I ask because with a quick google search I can find reputable sources which give me information that says the Earth has fluctuated more than that over millions of years, all the while life continued on.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                I don't have the knowledge to say either way (you should try using this line sometime), nor am I a firm believer in AGW (as I've said many a time when discussing this topic). I simply like to point out your and others horrendous understanding of what constitutes factual science and not skeptic-fueled propaganda. You've proven time and time again you barely understand the basic principles of scientific study yet you wish to include yourself in discussions which rely heavily on an understanding of those concepts. You need a helmet and reflective vest to play here old man, I'm done with you.
                                Cale you argue like a little girl throwing names around and getting all upset.
                                Grow a pair and act like the adult you supposedly are.
                                Your side won't even admit there is any other side to the hypothesis of AGW (as opposed to theory). Even with the scarcity of evidence supporting AGW, and with peer reviews opposed to your side of the science you still are righteous and indignant when someone disagrees.
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X