Spam Reporting & vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam Reporting & vBulletin

So, I was wondering, is there any way to set up the display of threads to also include the "Report Post" warning triangle do-dad somewhere near the thread title or something so blatant obvious spam can be reported from outside the threads instead of clicking in and wasting time?

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    So, I was wondering, is there any way to set up the display of threads to also include the "Report Post" warning triangle do-dad somewhere near the thread title or something so blatant obvious spam can be reported from outside the threads instead of clicking in and wasting time?
    I think with newer versions that is possible (which we are working on) With this version however, not so much!

Comment

Or maybe just make it impossible to create a post with more than 5 links? That would end the shenanigans fairly quickly, all the spam posts seem to a list of links.
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Unfortunately that would have an adverse effect on the existing rule which says multiple items for sale should be in a single thread. Although as evidenced by the numerous single item FS threads from a handful of usual suspects, it's obvious that rule isn't being enforced anyway...
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          Unfortunately that would have an adverse effect on the existing rule which says multiple items for sale should be in a single thread. Although as evidenced by the numerous single item FS threads from a handful of usual suspects, it's obvious that rule isn't being enforced anyway...
          Soooo report those posts?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Why not make it so that they can't post links until they have 10 posts or so?

Comment

you could make it harder for them to make new threads but all that will do is bury the spam further into existing threads that we won't easily see.

James is working on a VBB upgrade that should help a lot, this version is quite old now and they probably know all the security exploits. The spam is super annoying I agree but we're doing our best to remove it.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to report the spam?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                Originally posted by scabzzzz
                I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                2002 325i - DD
                2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                  Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to report the spam?
                  From the other thread:

Originally posted by Dakotademon7 View Post
                  Are you saying its un needed for members to report spam THREADS ?
                  Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Threads, no to a point, but it's pretty obvious what threads are spam. But post in a thread, then YES!
                  HTH ;)
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I just saw the best thing ever for spam on. Another forum. To sign up you have to put in a secret answer but instead of being some odd question you have to watch a commercial and type the phrase that comes up at the end in the video. Pretty solid idea if you ask me.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      I think with newer versions that is possible (which we are working on) With this version however, not so much!
                      I think once you have this setup we should also add a spam killer sticker, kind of like fighter pilots had, take out a spammer, slap a sticker on our chassis....or profile.
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Why can't we make it super hard to join the form like e30tech
                        I tried like 4 years ago and am still waiting for a conformation email haha
                        But seriously I am always posting late night and the forums are filled with muscle building adds
                        How do they make money off that game

Comment

I think there should be more time spent on spam prevention and less time spent on smileys. This site has more spam lately than any other site I am on.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
                            I think there should be more time spent on spam prevention and less time spent on smileys. This site has more spam lately than any other site I am on.
                            FYI, I deleted all the spam that I seen while I was on when I added the smileys. Now to put in a prevention to keep the spam away, that's not my department. I'd probably fuck something up. I'll let the owner handle that.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

This site maintains a list of known spammers and provides an API to check their database.
                              I don't know how effective it is as they seem to come up with a new name every time.
                              http://www.stopforumspam.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X