Seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat belts

I picked up a pair of 4 door front seat belts (right) and the tongue/male connectors are different to the original type (left). What's going on? Other than this, they are basically the same.

The new one will not fit the original stalks.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Bump. Anyone seen this type or know what receiver/stalk is required?
    sigpic

Comment

Are the ealry or pre-update seat belts different to the update E30 belts? Is that the difference?
      sigpic

Comment

Never seen the one on the right. Not sure they're original.

Comment

Yes, I had never seen the type on the right but digging deeper, the one on right is the same as the drawing in bmwfans.info and it seems that it could be a pre-Sept 1986 belt. Maybe Euro version as that is what we get in Australia, but I'd like to be sure.

I purchased the wrong belts and I'd like to re-advertise them but I'd like to be confident about them before I try to sell them.

Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Should be a part number on them somewhere. Find it and cross reference it to see what they came off of.

Comment

Thanks. Good idea. The part number on is 1904987 which corresponds to 72111904987 which is a superceded part number for a front left 4 door seat belt. The other is 1904988 or 72111904987 which I cannot locate.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X