No announcement yet.

Who wants to buy a paining i made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome! i'm glad you took the crit as constructive.

its VERY important that you're able to see flaws in your own work. i'm really my own worst critic. i tend to hate every painting or tattoo that i do, always looking for ways to improve them.

do you own any books by betty edwards? her stuff can kinda eliminate the need for some beginning art classes. if you get a chance, check out this dude named basil ede... he was one of the greatest illustrators of ornithological imagery... (he did paintings of birds for the audubon society)
    dude's stuff is SICK, and his backgrounds are THE shit...

see also walter lantz. (he was the guy who created woody woodpecker)

i own a bunch of his original paintings.. his backgrounds are fucking incredible.

his light source usage is second to none.

anyway, keep at it. nothing comes easy.
    Originally posted by Holland
    There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sefb222 View Post
      awesome! i'm glad you took the crit as constructive.

its VERY important that you're able to see flaws in your own work. i'm really my own worst critic. i tend to hate every painting or tattoo that i do, always looking for ways to improve them.

do you own any books by betty edwards? her stuff can kinda eliminate the need for some beginning art classes. if you get a chance, check out this dude named basil ede... he was one of the greatest illustrators of ornithological imagery... (he did paintings of birds for the audubon society)
      dude's stuff is SICK, and his backgrounds are THE shit...

see also walter lantz. (he was the guy who created woody woodpecker)

i own a bunch of his original paintings.. his backgrounds are fucking incredible.

his light source usage is second to none.

anyway, keep at it. nothing comes easy.

thanks, painting is one of my hobbies (other than E30's obviously) so progress will be slow, but i will check out that stuff that you mentioned!

Comment

Working...
      X