No announcement yet.

e30 vs ignorant truck = :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read this whole thread ...as some others have. I will preface what I'm about to say by disclosing the fact I'm an old fart (55). I have been driving e30s since they were new, for whatever that's worth.

OP, I am glad that this seems to be working out. That is a good thing.

The bad thing here is again, I see more negativity and chest thumping from what I assume are younger men that come onto threads and apparently have to always be the smartest, or wisest...which is pretty amusing since 80% of anyone under the age 30 is functionally clueless these days.

This forum has a purpose and many of the younger members seem to bastardize that purpose into some dick measuring and I suppose what amounts to ego massaging. Guys, anyone with the maturity level of a responsible adult really finds little use for you. You know who you are...

The lesson you guys should learn is common civility and what it means to be a man.

OP...seems you learned your lesson and you did it, yes...the hard way; but you stuck it out and pushed when pushing was called for. You allowed the old guy that hit your car and the shop the benefit of the doubt. They screwed it up, not you by being a decent young man. I am serious when I say I'm proud of you. Not only for the ultimate results, but for the way in which you approached the situation.

Now, you dickheads that like to bash and act like smart ass pricks...don't bother bashing on me. I could care less what you think.
    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
      thanks for the kind words.

$1750 payout check is in the mail. things are looking up.
      Well done man, aside from me being a prick in some aspects, I just saw you being taken advantage of. It's happened to me, I don't wish it upon anyone. I'm REALLY glad you came out on top on this shitty situation. In the end, I commend you on a proper execution.

Comment

hope that hack shop loses it's license after bar gets done with them

Comment

OP - I knew if you stuck with it and kept a level head while being patient things would work out for you!
          Congrats! Unfortunately most people that are in this sort of altercation will give no fucks. Especially the older then dirt men cause they still think they are something to be respected and feared (inside their heads). Its going to be a tough thing when we all reach that age when we are no longer respected.

Your approach was a bit on the mild side and there are many shades of grey. One does not have to go from mild to storming over people and yelling I'm gonna fucken sue you asshole. Don'tcha think there might be quite a bit of different approaches between these two ends of the spectrum? Surely you know that. Next time if there is one just step it up 2 notches from this instance and see if it has more sparkling goodness. I am on your team!

On the topic of bodyshops:

Time and time again I see these shops think that they can actually provide sub par work and then not give a damn about the clients concerns to fix it properly. Dont they GET IT? I guess rocket scientists dont provide body repair? Who knew?

It takes just a few pissed off clients complaining to the insurance companies and state agencies to get their whole playhouse burned down.

Thank you Paul Young!
          Pure Gold!
          Room by Room!

Last edited by e30vert; 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Had a guy from the bureau of automotive repair come look at my car today. He immediately spotted the creases in the headlight area and took lots of notes. He reviewed the estimate and took pictures of everything that was written to be fixed/replaced but not repaired. I'm supposed to get a couple estimates to fix the core damage and submit them to him.

At that point, as he explained it, he's going to drop by the shop unannounced and have the owner sign a written affidavit of what happened, then bring up the discrepancies in the documented evidence. He said he has a pretty solid rate of reimbursement in these situations, so we'll see in time..

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
            Well done man, aside from me being a prick in some aspects, I just saw you being taken advantage of. It's happened to me, I don't wish it upon anyone. I'm REALLY glad you came out on top on this shitty situation. In the end, I commend you on a proper execution.
            Doesn't really excuse your attitude or abrasiveness. Thanks though..
            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Happy that things are looking up man!
              I'm so eager to get my Peugeot back from the shop next week, the tension's been killin me.
              Of course, I've been dropping by the shop every few days for the last 3 weeks.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

update:

received an itemized estimate for $1756 to re-repair the car (from USAA/other party's ins). it says i'm supposed to 'take this estimate to the repair shop of my choice,' followed by some disclaimers about USAA authorized body shops. is there any method for getting monetary compensation and taking it to my own body shop?

a claims agent from BAR is also coming out early this week to look over my car, get a signed affidavit from the shop, and attempt to get me compensation for the shop's damages after looking over their procedures and processes/lack thereof.
                I would've brought it here for the estimate... http://www.ncbmwcollision.com/
                sigpic2000 323ci
                1987 325is super etta
                1988 M5
                2000 M5
                1989 944 turbo
                1989 325is

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                  Happy that things are looking up man!
                  I'm so eager to get my Peugeot back from the shop next week, the tension's been killin me.
                  Of course, I've been dropping by the shop every few days for the last 3 weeks.
                  hopefully it works out better for you than it did for me!

Originally posted by =======Live Fast! View Post
                  I would've brought it here for the estimate... http://www.ncbmwcollision.com/
                  that was the job of the adjuster. he came, took pictures and notes, and made up a written estimate. it wasn't my responsibility to come up with numbers. i feel like it's a more than reasonable offer though just to redo the paint.
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

got my insurance check today! not a moment too soon..leaving the country tuesday morning. i guess the last remaining loose end will be the bureau situation. will update as i can from across the pond.

on the hunt for sideskirts, trim, interior bits, etc while i'm gone.
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Doesn't really excuse your attitude or abrasiveness. Thanks though..
                      I agree, as I said, I apologize. I've been involved in so many car accidents (at fault and not at fault) it's appalling. My dad calls me "Crash Bandicoot" jokingly but secretly hates me (jk) lol. I feel like I've been through the ropes when it comes to accidents, and I didn't like the direction this whole thing was going in at first.

I've learned you simply can't trust people, and I have that grudge now stemming from my last accident.

"Oh yeah it was 100% my fault, I'll take care of it just get me an estimate."
                      ..."I got two estimates, $1,250 and $1,100."
                      "Well, I don't think it's my fault anymore we'll let insurance battle this out"
                      ..."No, we'll let a judge decide..."

and the judge ruled in my favor.

However, you made the proper decision in the end, and came out on top. I congratulate you, I honestly just didn't want to see you get the short end of the stick. Sometimes you have to put your foot down, and that's what I was abrasively (I admit it) trying to encourage.

Comment

Takes real guts to own up to it. I commend you Sully.

OP: congrats on the outcome, like Sully said, I'm glad things worked out in your favour

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                        Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Good ending. Congrats to all.
                          Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
                          86 944 Turbo
                          87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
                          89 405 Mi16
                          89 Milano Verde
                          89 Mondial t Coupe
                          92 300D

Comment

I feel like I just watched a Lifetime movie. So many plot twists.
                            E30 buildy things
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                              I feel like I just watched a Lifetime movie. So many plot twists.
                              lol I was just thinking in my head; excellent thread, would watch w/ popcorn again:p

Comment

Working...
                              X