What is this called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Please sell your e30 and go back Honda's you clearly aren't deserving of these cars nor do you respect them or the road.
    Why sell it? I've spent a lot of my time and $ on it, plus I just swapped in a low miled tranny and did the clutch, feels great btw, I guess explains why I'm having way too much fun with it. I love my car though, and my honda, good for when my e30 takes a shit or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
      I see. I guess you can file this in the list of things I don't like because I think like an engineer.
      Cool man, I respect that. People like you are the reason why I google my car problems and find my answers stupid quick, much appreciated 🙏🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Sweatydad_ View Post
        Cool man, I respect that. People like you are the reason why I google my car problems and find my answers stupid quick, much appreciated 🙏🏻
        Glad I could be of help. People like you who can take a bit of flaming and let it roll off their back are what make R3v a great forum. Go ahead and make yourself at home, I think you'll like it here.

Originally posted by Sweatydad_ View Post
        but vice grips should work like the guy above said
        I do have a name you know... :(
        sigpic

Comment

With a username like that, he should fit right in. I think that's the best username I've ever seen on this site. :rofl:
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

To put it simply, you are changing your drive-line angles. This will increase the stress on parts like the giubo and center support bearing. Depending on how much you raised it, it could cause increased wear on and vibrations from your u-joints as well. Also, if you have a stock exhaust it could put increased stress on your exhaust mounts.
            If you wanted to raise the engine in the chassis properly you would also have to raise the rear sub-frame and the center support bearing the same amount.
            Not totally true. If you look at an e30 on the lift, the drive shaft is not straight to begin with, it would take a severe amount for it to have any ill effect seeing the drive shaft has 2 u-joints. Any car with a solid rear axle has those joints moving to all kinds of angles.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I think you should paint little oil pan kills on your driver's door.

5 makes you an ace, you know.

It's the oil pressure relief valve- realoem.com is very useful for this sort of thing.

Welcome to r3v. Where the barebottom spanking's just the start.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

seems legit.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Not totally true. If you look at an e30 on the lift, the drive shaft is not straight to begin with, it would take a severe amount for it to have any ill effect seeing the drive shaft has 2 u-joints. Any car with a solid rear axle has those joints moving to all kinds of angles.

Actually, I was referring to the vibration induced by having different angles on the two u-joints.
                  A single u-joint at even a slight angle will vibrate, the reason driveshafts have two of them is that they are phased so that they cancel each other's vibrations out. In order for this to work, both u-joints must be at equal and opposite angles.
                  If you increase one of those angles, that u-joint's inherent vibration will get larger and could possibly create a vibration felt in the car.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, I was referring to the vibration induced by having different angles on the two u-joints.
                    A single u-joint at even a slight angle will vibrate, the reason driveshafts have two of them is that they are phased so that they cancel each other's vibrations out. In order for this to work, both u-joints must be at equal and opposite angles.
                    If you increase one of those angles, that u-joint's inherent vibration will get larger and could possibly create a vibration felt in the car.
                    I understand that, but my point is moving the engine up at the mounts , even an inch, would be tenths of a degree. The angles can be a few degrees off without issue (otherwise worn engine mounts would cause an issue). I have always stayed within 3°, but it's said you can get away with more.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                    X