Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox News vs CNN vs MSNBC vs all the rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
    For domestic news I just watch CNN. WHen it comes to non politcal stuff they are all pretty good at telling me whats going on i.e. coal miners, murders, tiger news, sports...

This is what I usually do but only in small chunks because their producers get a hard-on for something and the rest of the world is just gone. I swear if you watched CNN for the past few days you may think that the earth is nothing more than a W Virgina backwood populated by people crying over loved ones.

Fox news is hilarious, they are quite biased but somehow they seem to be on the cutting edge of reporting when they do actual news. Ive read forum posts pertaining to something shown on fox news before CNN first airs it. Like the guy from Qatar, people were already bitching on a KC car forum about how racist Fox News is to assume it was someone from the middle east. Of course an hour later CNN was reporting the same thing.

MSNBC is about as equally as biased as Fox but they dont waste their time with this "news" business. They just go straight to the opinion and the times I have passed that channel in the hotel room its the dyke or the washed up sports anchor talking about Fox News.

Come to think about it, maybe that is why Fox has such high ratings. They are talked about 24/7 on MSNBC.

Then there is that other channel, I cant think of its name, but they only have a fat blond woman talking about the "kidnapped kid of the day" story.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Olberman for some reason reminds me of Kent Brockman on the Simpson, but Kent has more journalist integrity and credibility than Olberman dose.

I think much of his contempt for the Fox networks and their employees stems from the fact that he was fired from fox nearly 10 years ago. That and it plays well to the few idiots that watch him and the dyke that follows his show. I cant stand either of them for more than about 2 mins before the vein in my fore head looks like Billy O's while talking to Barny Frank.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I dont see how you could get pissed at the guy. He is nothing more than a sports anchor, I really couldnt give two shits about his opinion unless its about the Braves (and even then its only marginally).
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its not so much Him as its the utter garbage that comes outta his breathing hole.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

What you need to do is remind yourself that these people are nothing more than talking heads. They arent even human. Then you dont have to care about what comes out of their mouth (or when they die, like its some sort of national tragedy).
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, etc...will have left-leaning guests on their shows.

Olbermann, Maddow, Ed, do not.

Instead, they create straw men arguments against FNC which they can *surprise!* easiliy knock down.

Imagine Olbermann debating someone like Ann Coulter or Megyn Kendall - both of whom hold law degrees?

Olberamann wouldn't debate anyone on his show - it's just a left-wing circle jerk and conservative values are'nt discussed, unless they are mocked.

I'd love to see Coulter or Kendall shred KO in a debate.

KO would be left a blubbering husk of a man.
              sigpic
              1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
              Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
              Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

I did see Al Sharpton on Beck a few nights ago, it was kinda refreshing.

Comment

I agree that all news has some measured degree of bias - some a lot more glaring than others. I don't care if your source is FNC, NPR, Drudge, USA Today, NY Times or Wall Street Journal....all have some slant. You just have to be more thorough with your reading/listening of said material. Often there's a catchy headline but the real meat of the story is buried 3 lines from the end.

I catch O'Reily's show on TV from time to time because I love the debates he engages his guests in. Some bring well thought-out arguements, others get chewed up and spit out. He does keep it pretty civil though - I like the "agree to disagree" conclusion without calling each other names.

I've had great debates about this topic with my aunt. She likes to get her news from the daily paper, I'm more of an online & radio guy. She believes the newspapers need to be 'saved' from their steep losses in advertising revenue because the popularity of the internet has swelled. My stance is that thanks to the Web, news distribution, available content and the number of contributing sources has opened so many new channels of access to the masses. She seems to think internet sourced news is somehow 'lacking' of credibility. I tell her that if the paper-source news reporting companies don't find a sound business plan where they can survive while having a presence on the web, they will go away. That's the paradigm shift we have been seeing in recent years. Some folks have embraced it, others not so much.

Jon
                  Last edited by Jon325i; 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM.
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    And how about you libs figure out a way to do the same...how about finding away to help people like me get health insurance and medical care that doesn't suck? I work hard, I pay taxes...but I have not had medical insurance the whole time I have been self employed because I can't afford it.
                    I bring facts sucka.

Check out the article I posted comparing Arizona to New York. I haven't researched WA, do they have the same types of regulations that NY and similar states do?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I usually just watch CNN International if I do watch any news. It is pretty easy to tell what is going on from even the most biased of news sources though as long as they provide you with video and the like. You just turn it off when they go to their "Pundits". I remember when the Russian-Georgian conflict broke out I was watching Fox News break the story, showing Georgian artillery opening up and the people on the ground saying Georgia fired first. Then came the pundits saying Russia started it and they were indiscriminately targeting civilian centers, when you can see Georgia BM21's launching rockets at Ossetian cities.

It is always funny to hear journalists commentate on video especially as they call T-72's APCs, BTR80's tanks, SVD's AK47s etc.
                      "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                        O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, etc...will have left-leaning guests on their shows.

Olbermann, Maddow, Ed, do not.

Instead, they create straw men arguments against FNC which they can *surprise!* easiliy knock down.

Imagine Olbermann debating someone like Ann Coulter or Megyn Kendall - both of whom hold law degrees?

Olberamann wouldn't debate anyone on his show - it's just a left-wing circle jerk and conservative values are'nt discussed, unless they are mocked.

I'd love to see Coulter or Kendall shred KO in a debate.

KO would be left a blubbering husk of a man.

Part of the reason some of these other guys don't have many oposing viewed guests on is they are just way too emotional to be able to sit there and have someone disagree with their view. They just fly off the handle. That's why I like Fox.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I find "The daily Show" better at covering real news than fox, and it's digging up these stories just to make totally biased jokes out of them. How lame is that.
                          Unless you actually WANT to see a bunch of crap teasers and filler about local cats getting stuck in trees or some shit.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                          If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                            I find "The daily Show" better at covering real news than fox, and it's digging up these stories just to make totally biased jokes out of them. How lame is that.
                            Unless you actually WANT to see a bunch of crap teasers and filler about local cats getting stuck in trees or some shit.
                            If you really believe that "The Daily Show" is better at covering real news than news outlets, then you have a problem. I stopped watching that show when Jon Stewart interviewed Tony Blair and got the facts on the Falklands War wrong....how do you get the facts on THE FALKLANDS WAR wrong? Every time Jon Stewart goes up against someone that knows anything, he gets shut down, and then he takes it easy on people like John Kerry.

I love how hipsters spout the bullshit that comes on comedy central like it is clever or accurate, and then bring that into a university classroom and expect it to go over well. This part is not directed towards you, unless you are indeed a college student that does that.

Comment

no you can't take that show seriously. I just get annoyed when they're crackin on a story that I actually havn't heard about yet (that isn't something obviously off the wall).
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                                no you can't take that show seriously. I just get annoyed when they're crackin on a story that I actually havn't heard about yet (that isn't something obviously off the wall).
                                I understand what you are saying, I hear about stories on R3v first 90% of the time, like the Polish plane crash, which is sad as well. I find it funny how poorly Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper did on Jeopardy on a side note. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2ySV7AfgM

Comment

Working...
                                X