No announcement yet.

Washington State Taxes Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More money for local Government to waste....swell!!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
      People always bitch about their right to smoke.. what about my right to not inhale it in public? The epidemiology supporting public smoking bans is overwhelming and undeniable.

If you want to smoke in your own home, in your own car, or on your personal property, I have absolutley no problem with that. I think that freedom ends once you step into public domain and start forcing others to inhale that cancerous smoke.

I'm so glad Portland banned it last year.

Talk on a Cell phone in public? That really bugs me and there's been some studies that say the "waves" from cell phones could be cancerous. So, publically speaking, don't talk on it. Not to mention I can't not hear you bitch and moan on it.

Also, parts per million when it comes to public air is hugely overlooked fact. Do you start your car in the morning? That's like 35 smokers in a closed room. Better not do it in public anymore, am I right?
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
        Talk on a Cell phone in public? That really bugs me and there's been some studies that say the "waves" from cell phones could be cancerous. So, publically speaking, don't talk on it. Not to mention I can't not hear you bitch and moan on it.

Also, parts per million when it comes to public air is hugely overlooked fact. Do you start your car in the morning? That's like 35 smokers in a closed room. Better not do it in public anymore, am I right?

There are no credible studies that link cell phones to neurological damage, brain or elsewhere. There are many epidemiological studies, however, that conclusivley link smoking bans to drastic decreases in myocardial infarction in given populations.

Perhaps a smoking ban in any public area is a bit extreme, however, I would definitely support a ban of smoking in public buildings as well as public sidewalks.

Regarding the ppm comment, the rate of diffusion of smoke is quite slow.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

There are no credible studies that link cell phones to neurological damage, brain or elsewhere. There are many epidemiological studies, however, that conclusivley link smoking bans to drastic decreases in myocardial infarction in given populations.

Perhaps a smoking ban in any public area is a bit extreme, however, I would definitely support a ban of smoking in public buildings as well as public sidewalks.

Regarding the ppm comment, the rate of diffusion of smoke is quite slow.

Ignore the exhaust fumes from cars while you're on that same sidewalk.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            Ignore the exhaust fumes from cars while you're on that same sidewalk.
            So becuase car exhaust is hazardous to inhale, we should just tolerate all other forms of cancerous fumes?

A smoking ban on sidewalks would be easy to implement. There's already a ban in public buildings in Portland as well as a 10' radius around entrances... just extend it to the sidewalks.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              Christ.

That's insane. Not sure what a pack of cigarettes is around here (don't and have never smoked), but I think even Marlboro's are $4.50ish per pack?
              You do know American Spirits are far more expensive, right?

Non-smokers, sheesh.

I averaged a pack a day or more, unless I was visiting JParkr, he smoked half a pack of mine when he was with me.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

So becuase car exhaust is hazardous to inhale, we should just tolerate all other forms of cancerous fumes?

A smoking ban on sidewalks would be easy to implement. There's already a ban in public buildings in Portland as well as a 10' radius around entrances... just extend it to the sidewalks.

Can you not walk away from someone smoking?
                And telling the owner of a business they cannot have smokers in their building is riduculous. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

Comment

Nope, didn't know that.

Never understood the point of smoking so I never took it up.

KenC, I actually agree with you on the public smoking ban. One of the few things I'll agree with when it comes to gov't intrusion. Especially considering the vast majority of people don't smoke. So why should we have to breathe in your known cancerous fumes?

Can't even think of the last time I went to a bar just because I hate getting home and smelling like an ashtray.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                    Can you not walk away from someone smoking?
                    And telling the owner of a business they cannot have smokers in their building is riduculous. Don't like it, go somewhere else.
                    Don't like that you can't smoke, go somewhere else.

Brilliant logic isn't it?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Don't like that you can't smoke, go somewhere else.

Brilliant logic isn't it?

That's not logic...the owner of the property should have that right. Try that angle...

Comment

Oh man...OK, so you own a bar, right? No minors allowed, right? So explain WHY our state government gets to dictate if smoking is allowed...we have a "club" here in Lacey. You can smoke in there, and all the best pool players go to shoot there. You have to pay $10/yr to be a member...but I just can't stand going there because you smell SO bad when you leave. I cough and hack like I started smoking again!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

because the people working there, who might not be smokers, would have to breathe in second hand smoke.

I'm glad we have smoking bans here. Bummer about the beer tax, although I don't drink very much, our alcohol taxes here are already high.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Smoking in public negatively effects other people who don't ask for it and because of this it should be banned. If you want to smoke, do it at home.

Comment

how much is a pack of cigs in your part of the country?

North jersey here about 7.80 for a premium brand.

Glad I quit, and I have to say the main reason was the cost. I'm glad im done with that dirty shit

EDIT:
                              I think even Marlboro's are $4.50ish per pack?
                              Thats fucking cheap!
                              88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                              85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                                Smoking in public negatively effects other people who don't ask for it and because of this it should be banned. If you want to smoke, do it at home.
                                Yeah, so go somewhere else!

WTF, so you hate smoking, WHY do you work in a bar?

Why not go do something else? Why not tend bar at a family joint, like Red Robin or Outback?

If you are an adult, you should have CHOICES...and not smoking is not a choice if the law decrees it.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X