No announcement yet.

Sexual preditors, what to do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's like saying rape happens so because there might be a God it's his fault. Sorry, this was not a commandment, buddy. It was a result of poor interpretation and if I believe right, they where punished. The Bible's not about all the great guys in it. In fact, there's only one. ONE good dude. All the others were idiots, hicks that got drunk, people failing to follow what God told them to do, etc etc....

So wait, now you're infering that I'm Un-American because I believe in Capital Punishment which China, India etc, practice? Interesting. It's also ignorant to believe in Capital Punishment because it "doesn't work"? Well tell me, pal, what does work? You seem great at coming into threads and making a fucking big deal about how stupid everyone is around you while never contributing a sliver of help to any given issue. Just disagree and move on. Claim you don't give a fuck. Well then don't post it here. Obviously others in this thread specifically give a shit about rape, molestation and abuse victims enough to feel strongly about it while you blithely sit there and call them all idiots for believing in "draconian" punishments. Whatever, pansy. When your testicles drop, maybe you'll be a big boy and have a real opinion.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

^^^

So what, exactly, are you DOING about this issue you are so passionate about? Besides wasting time here...

Anything? At all?

Well?

Oh and, your understanding of Exodus 21 and the Bible, for that matter, is apparently somewhat flawed. I actually grinned- "one good dude".....yeah, Noah, and Elijah, and Moses, and Abraham among others, to quote you "were idiots, hicks that got drunk, people failing to follow what God told them to do, etc etc...."

That's just AWESOME!
      Last edited by mar1t1me; 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

That's the truth, kiddo. Your understanding of the Bible is a bit off. Christ was the only good guy there.

Moses? Didn't want to stand up and do what God told him. Moses was trained and taught by some of Egyt's brightest minds. When God told him to go tell Pharoah to let his people go, he said he wasn't smart enough.

Noah? God favored him. Not because he was such a good guy and deserved it, but because he had the faith in God to carry him through life not quite as bad as everyone else. It was bad enough before the flood that, "God was sorry he had made man" and sent the flood. GOD favored him. Not Noah found favor in God because he was so special.

Abraham was a drunk hick that fell asleep in his tent and had relations with someone other than his wife.

These are all examples of how we fail to even basically follow God and need, oh wait, Jesus. The Pharisee's had it wrong. The Sadducees were idiots. The Scribes hated anyone that wasn't them. Ironically all could be summed up in the parable of the Good Samaritan. The Scribe and Pharisee, upholders and keepers of the Law of God, ignored the basic core princple of God with their excuses and crossed the road when a man was beat and naked left for dead on the side of the road. The Samaritan, a blood enemy of the man on the road, stopped, and helped him to an inn. Giving the inn keeper two silver coins and telling him he'd pay whatever else it took to get the man, his enemy, healthy and well again. So yeah, one good dude in a multitude of failures, liars, cheats, drunks, hicks, idiots.

You think you're clever because you've read a bit of Bible. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't understand all of it but I do know I don't use it as a weapon. I'm not throwing it in anyones face. You are.

What am I doing? Bad taste to bring that up. I vote for Capital Punishment and for keeping track of sex offenders. The same question could be posed to you. What are you doing besides wasting time here? Again, you contribute nothing to threads beyond calling everyone an idiot and lookin' down your giant nose from utop your giant horse.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
          Exodus 21:7 A maidservant was required to do whatever the man "needed" including "lying with him" when his wife was "unclean". According to historians, this could occur as early as 12 years old. WTF? Apparently, God is just fine with this.

I've seen enough of the world in my almost 50 years to know it ain't a safe happy little black and white place. But other cultures ( maybe you should move!) including Islam (maybe you should convert!) do the hard punishment thing:

Why does anyone steal in Turkey? They'll cut your hands off in public, but stealing continues.

In China, they make your family buy the bullet that they use to shoot you!

As a matter of fact, you'd probably LOVE it there:

While there seems to be a ongoing debate in the West as to whether or not the death penalty should be allowed to exist, most Chinese people seem to support the use of capital punishment in their country. For them, modern capital punishment in China is simply a more civilized way of enforcing what has always been an ‘eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth’ mentality in China. People should pay for their crimes, my Chinese friends and students tell me. Most Chinese people seem dislike the idea of leaving a prisoner in jail for life. When I ask my friends about some of the less serious crimes that are also punishable by death they shrug their shoulders. For them, the idea of one less crook or fraudster on the streets of China seems to be quite pleasant.

In Iran, if someone even so much as points a finger at you and calls you gay, get ready to be strung up. Who cares if you're only 16....

Yet, the practices that inspired those Draconian punishments continues....

By the way, I never defended the illegal actions. Call me whatever you want, I don't give a fuck. That's your view, but it's just as wrong (and truly ignorant) as joshh calling that beatdown in NOLA "liberal violence". ;)
          That verse, like many, can easily be taken out of context:

2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

5 "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' 6 then his master must take him before the judges.

The term slave **may** be used loosley here

He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.

8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. (Bought back?) He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.

9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.

10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.

11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

“These are the laws you are to set before them: Hebrew Servants - “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free. “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on board with most of your, however, the ACLU will fight to the death to protect the "rights" of the predators.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

They should be deported to an island. Condemned Style.

Have their own society of rapists and sexual predators

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
            Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
            I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

getting back to the OP
              as a dad, if someone ever abused either my son or daughter
              and i could make them go away forever
              i'd do it in a second
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You missed the point. But that's OK.

In the eyes of the judicial system, he is not different. That is the point.

In the mean time, priests continue to abuse the trust they are given with little in any consequence.
                You are a fucking moron. Legally there is a BIG difference between someone who has taken sexual liberties with a minor and pedophile. And predators are in a whole new category.

Some dumb shit that gets a BJ from a 15 year old is not a pedophile in any way.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                  That verse, like many, can easily be taken out of context:

2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

5 "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' 6 then his master must take him before the judges.

The term slave **may** be used loosley here

He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.

8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. (Bought back?) He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.

9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.

10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.

11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

“These are the laws you are to set before them: Hebrew Servants - “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free. “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on board with most of your, however, the ACLU will fight to the death to protect the "rights" of the predators.
                  All that to confirm the fact that the Bible is/was OK with selling your daughter to someone else to be used as they see fit. Sounds an awful lot like slavery to me. Certainly, there were terms "on paper". We all know how likely it is that those were followed to the letter in all cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                    Are you that big of a moron? There is a difference between someone who got convicted with liberties with a minor and a pedo or of predatory acts.

Deja Vu? Post #21 = #37

So let me get this straight. If you found out your best friend (assuming him to be over 21) had a pattern of trying to hook up with 15 year old chicks, you'd buy the bullets? You know he's engaging in hunting down illegal prey. He's a sexual predator, but the cops haven't caught up to him yet. Should we kill him?
                    Last edited by mar1t1me; 04-21-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

All that to confirm the fact that the Bible is/was OK with selling your daughter to someone else to be used as they see fit. Sounds an awful lot like slavery to me. Certainly, there were terms "on paper". We all know how likely it is that those were followed to the letter in all cases.

It, as many say, was addressing issues of the time. "Slave" was not always as we think the traditional sense of "slave" that we had in the states. Often times they were the working class, as in, paid, taken care of (room and board) and would stay with a family and build their family along side of it. The Bible does not condone slavery, but at the time, it set rules and standards for the time of how to be a good master and a good servant. The theme of Servant Master comes literally from some of the Arabic words in the verses quoted.

You are ignorant of the Bible but like almost all of your useless posts like to take one or two things totally out of context and run with it. Then you like to turn around and feel all e-big and tough by yelling about how everyone else is ignorant and retarded. It was cute for about 5 seconds. Now it's just old and stale. You'll have to work a new angle to get all the attention you're craving as people just stop reading your posts after awhile.

That said, I don't think our views are really that far off. There's been a number of occasions where I've sifted through the bullshit attitude and agreed whole heartedly with you. There's a number of issues that you make pretty lofty claims on for tolerance while being implicitely intolerant. Be defensive though over nothing. When you don't really have a point it's probably best to just defend your right to call everyone a moron.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Deja Vu? Post #21 = #37

So let me get this straight. If you found out your best friend (assuming him to be over 21) had a pattern of trying to hook up with 15 year old chicks, you'd buy the bullets? You know he's engaging in hunting down illegal prey. He's a sexual predator, but the cops haven't caught up to him yet. Should we kill him?

Again, FAR out of Context to fit your agenda.

No, but I would beat the living crap out of him. Knock 5 years or more off the childs age, and yes, I would buy the bullets.

You obviously wouldn't. Which I'd say makes you next to no better than him.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                          It, as many say, was addressing issues of the time. "Slave" was not always as we think the traditional sense of "slave" that we had in the states. Often times they were the working class, as in, paid, taken care of (room and board) and would stay with a family and build their family along side of it. The Bible does not condone slavery, but at the time, it set rules and standards for the time of how to be a good master and a good servant. The theme of Servant Master comes literally from some of the Arabic words in the verses quoted.
                          That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

The Bible does not condone slavery....
                            But according to your logic, since it does not specifically condemn it, it MUST condone it....just as since I do not support vigilantism, in your eyes, I MUST condone the behavior of the pervert.

So the Bible may not specifically go out on a limb and declare that not having slaves is an abomination, but passages like this clearly indicate the slaves were treated as an underclass.

Exodus 21:20-21 NAB: When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

Sounds like paradise. I couldn't find a list of punishable offenses. I suppose it could be whatever the slave-owner wanted it to be.

When you don't really have a point it's probably best to just defend your right to call everyone a moron.
                            I said "people are stupid". I did not say all people except me are stupid!;)

Any other perceived attitude or attention seeking is solely inferred by the reader.:-D

One last thing:

If you get to kill the pedophiles, do I get to kill the non-sexual child abusers? I'll be busier than you. Maybe when you are done, you could help me out.

Comment

If you get to kill the pedophiles, do I get to kill the non-sexual child abusers? I'll be busier than you. Maybe when you are done, you could help me out.
                              They should be dealt with in the same manner. There has to be an effective derent for child abuse... just make it a capital offense.

Comment

According to my logic? So in your eyes, my logic dictates that if it is not said against it must be for based on the premise that if you rape a child (under 10) and you're a grown adult (18 or otherwise know better than to), you should be executed for this crime. And you see this as a black and white view point that should have grey areas? The issue in question is not a grey area question or discussion. If you want to get into the particulars, let me clarify... No, the case you linked to was not fair or a Just use of our judicial system. Taking the letter of the law above the "spirit" or intention of the law is what bad Lawyers do. The lawyers that aquit known murderers because a Police officer mis-spelled his last name. In the case you linked, I belive the kids an idiot. And I the court system was wrong. They also went leaps and bounds to rectify the boffed up ruling.

Secondly, the NAB translation is retarded. If you want a more word for word translation into English, check out the ESV. It wasn't paradise but neither is the times and country we're living in. I'm not saying Slavery was right, nor do I believe the Bible is saying the modern concept of slavery is correct. Again, the translation of slave is not what you're making it out to be nor your concept of slavery. Yes, they were considered "property" as in, "responsibility" of the "Master" or boss if you will.

Exodus 21:20-22
                                "When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not avenged, for the slave is his money"

Without his "slave" he wont make money. He learns to not abuse his workers/slaves. He suffers the punishment of his injustice in loss of monetary gains and/or food produced.

Exodus 21:12-15
                                "Whoever (not specific) strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death... if a man willfully attacks another to kill him by cunning, you shall take him from my altar, that he may die"

Many instances in regards to female/daughters being "sold into slavery" was arranged marriages. The actual translation is non-existent for what we call "arranged marriages".

What exactly, since you've failed to post a single contributing factor to this discussion beyond attempts at rail roading it off topic, would be your solution? Hug 'em? Give 'em candy? Throw 'em in Prison? How long? With what living conditions?

Same question in regards to non-sexual child abusers. And what constitutes a non-sexual child abuser to you?
                                Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X