1987 bmw 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 bmw 325

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...k0?usp=sharing[FS] $3500 (Location: St. Johns) In brief. Original, unmolested 1987 BMW 325. This is the six cylinder economy model; great torque and a blast to drive around town. Not perfect, but a great candidate for daily driver, restoration, or track car. The interior is in solid shape, with nearly new replacement BMW seats on the front that are superbly comfortable. Clean and presentable. Some maintenance records included.
    No accidents. The clear coat is faded, but there is no significant body damage, so this would make an easy repaint. Runs, drives, and shifts smooth.
    Mileage is unknown, but I would guess 250k-350k on the block, and 100k on the head since rebuild. If you are familiar with BMW and Mercedes, you recognize high mileage as a good thing rather than bad; BMW purchased 500k+ block for remachining into race blocks back in the 80s because they recognized them as proven castings. The engine runs great, passes emissions without issue, and never given me any worry. Our mechanic was impressed with all of his readings, so no serious mechanical concerns.
    Known issues:
    Faulty heater fan blows fuses; replace the fan or keep a box of fuses. Cracked dash (argh; 10 degree cold snap; broke my heart) Power steering pump/rack leak; fairly slow and manageable Valve cover gasket leaks a bit.
    This has been a fantastic car. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Attached Files
Working...
X