Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 Sterling Silver 325is (SoCal)

FS: 1990 Sterline Silver 325is (SoCal)

Up for sale is my 1990 BMW 325is. The car has been well taken care of in the two years that I've owned it--and I'm putting it up for sale with a heavy heart. The reason why I'll be moving on is because my life circumstances have changed and it's time for a more sensible daily driver.

While this e30 is not a perfect car, I do believe it's a great stock plus base for someone who's looking to capture the experience of an e30. To the best of my knowledge, it's a California car with zero rust. I hope it goes to a great home!

Mileage: 171,583 (as of posting)
    Title: Clean
    Asking Price: $5,500
    Photos:

Previous Work (since PO got it at 121k miles):
    - 121k: Replaced all hoses in the engine bay
    - 126k: Replaced the fuel pump, battery, distributor cap and rotor, plugs, ignition wires; reinforced the rear sway bar tabs
    - 126k: Replaced the injectors, fuel pressure regulator, misc. vacuum hoses, o2 sensor
    - 128k: Drilled rotors got sand blasted; solid steel brake lines were added; Hawk HPS pads added; brakes and clutch bled; changed diff oil
    - 128k: Replaced blower motor resistor
    - 129k: Replaced trans fluid; replaced clutch; bleed completed; short shift kit installed (and stated by PO: "I think the lever is a z3 1.9."; new light bar for 13-button OBC was replaced; power steering hoses replaced and reservoir done (all work done by Ryan G Motor Works)

Additionally from the PO and unchanged by me:

"Car is on Bilstein Sports with Eibach Springs. Depo Euro Lights aren't on anymore just the US ellipses. Since then I've installed mini Morimoto 6.0 Projectors in the headlights with a kit. I have XB H1 Bulbs in and they are 4,500 bright white."

"The fogs have been messed around with and I put projectors in. They have good output but need more work."

"I've re-done the front end suspension. There are new control arms, tie rod ends, eye ball bushings, and both front wheel bearings around 5,000 miles ago."

"I've replaced the exhaust with an OEM Bosal about five months ago."

Now the work handled by me (beginning at 155k):
    - 155k: PPI, oil change (Castro Motorsports)
    - 165k: Rear subframe bushings replaced; diff bushings replaced; tranny seals replaced; steering hoses replaced; clutch line replaced; fixed coolant leak
    - 160k: Second PPI for confirmation; fixed ground nut for engine temp gauge (Gary's Automotive)
    - 161k: Rear shock mounts replaced (handled by owner)
    - 163k: Driver side and trunk locks replaced (Torrance Lock and Key)
    - 165k: Oil and air filter replaced (handled by owner)
    - 166k: Valve cover gasket, spark plugs and rocker shaft plugs replaced (handled by owner)
    - 166k: Timing belt, water pump, coolant hoses, diff-trans-power steering fluid, fuel filter, drive belt, thermostat housing gasket, cap, rotor and o2 sensor all replaced; valve adjustment (Castro Motorsports)
    - 169k: Clutch fan, intake boot; breather hose, and oil cap replaced (Castro Motorsports)
    - 171k: Oil change (handled by owner)
    - 171k: Brake light bulbs, valve cover, valve cover gasket, rocker shaft seals, ICV and coolant temp sensor all replaced (Castro Motorsports)

Known issues:
    - Slight paint bubbling on sunroof
    - Sunroof currently not moving due to rail misalingment
    - Driver side seat does not collapse forward
    - Kick panel needs replacement
    - Sideview mirrors can only be aligned manually
    - OBC thinks one headlight is non-functioning, despite it working, so the OBC dings you at night
    - Driver's seat needs to be reupholstered
    - Headliner needs replacement
    - AC needs a recharge

Thanks for reading this exhaustive listing. Reach out with questions. Happy to discuss!
    Last edited by Ryu597; 08-07-2017, 02:26 PM.

PM sent.

Comment

bump

Comment

Wanted to note that I've added the CarFax to show the car's history.

Also, for the curious who haven't clicked to the Dropbox link, here's a sample photo:

Edit: Welp, not sure how the photo editor works but please note that the CarFax images are contained in the Dropbox link in the OP.

Comment

Pm'd
          sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
          1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
          1991 325ix-Sold
          1988 325iX-

Comment

thats how you sell a car. glws

1991 325i m20b25 5spd
            GOES-R Systems Engineer

Comment

Thanks, man.

I'd just love a how-to to tell me how I can add images within my posts! :coolphoto:

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu597 View Post
                I'd just love a how-to to tell me how I can add images within my posts! :coolphoto:
                you dont use dropbox... you can attach the images directly from your computer, but dropbox links dont work. do you have flickr or something like that
                Attached Files
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The Ryu597 Summer Sales Event is here!

Price reduction to $7,000 OBO.

Entertaining all reasonable offers. Happy to chat.

Comment

bump

Comment

Price reduction to $6,000 OBO.

Comment

bump

Comment

I would have jumped on this in a heart beat before I bought my E30.

Wanna trade for 90 Bronzit is with half gone paint? :p

GLWS!
                          90 Bronzit 325is
                          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Upload your pics to flikr or photobucket;

Then, right click on the pic, "copy" image url

After that, come back to your thread, and in the "reply box" there's a beautiful mountain scene, on the top tool bar.

Click that and paste the URL.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                              I would have jumped on this in a heart beat before I bought my E30.

Wanna trade for 90 Bronzit is with half gone paint? :p

GLWS!
                              Thanks for the kind words, dude! And I'll pass on the Bronzit. ;)

I was just pretty close to a deal but the buyer fell through because his son couldn't get residency approved by the CA DMV. Car still on the market and holding at $6,000.

And thanks for the intel, MrBurgundy!

Comment

Working...
                              X