Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to go with my E30 exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you buying the exhaust from? I thought they quit producing E30 exhausts.
    -tim
    Originally posted by Jordan
    I like the stance
    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
      Where are you buying the exhaust from? I thought they quit producing E30 exhausts.
      Did understeer.com discontinue them? The systems are still posted on their site...

Comment

I would call and be sure. I think they were on their last leg of stock about 4 months ago.
        -tim
        I like the stance

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          I drilled holes in my shitty rusted out stock muffler, sounds perfect to me.
          how many holes? i wanna do this mod lol:blowup:
          Originally posted by e30e
          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by iX-treame View Post
            Me too but its on back order, but yes i have only heard good about them and i got a good deal.

And for whoever asked the iX exaust is the same as any other e30 325i/s
            only the catback section.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I would call and be sure. I think they were on their last leg of stock about 4 months ago.
              Shit, alright

Comment

To be honest I wish my car was quieter, I think that you attract a lot less attention when you can only hear the tires. I have a really shitty cheap AMS Racing or something like that muffler and magnaflow highflow cat, it sounds really really aggressive, really head turning sound, which is cool but at the same time sometimes you feel like a douche bag, would be really cool for a dedicated track car. Ansa's sound pretty good, and are cheap, and not very loud. I agree with Luke on the billyboat too, but expensive. I'd say do things like tint, wheels, lights before doing exhaust.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I emailed to check for availability and his response was that they are built to order and typically take 4 weeks.

So I guess that means they're available.

Comment

Good to hear. Also, Thanks for posting the info you found. Helps me from spreading the ol' interweb misinformation.
                    -tim
                    I like the stance

Comment

ended up using a 2.5 walker highflow from summit and found a 1 in to 2 out borla on ebay, Did my m50 swap this weekend and it is at the exhaust shop now....I should be getting it back today so i will post up a clip for you guys.
                      Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Good to hear. Also, Thanks for posting the info you found. Helps me from spreading the ol' interweb misinformation.
                        Yeah, no problem.

I also got in contact with Billy Boat, and they have a system for my 325i. It costs $989 though! They said they would have it ready in about a week if I was to order.

This is close to $400 more than the Stromung system, which is already a great one. So unless someone on here can really vouch for the BB and insure me that it's really that much better, I'll probably order the stromung in a week or two.

But then again, there's always supersprint...

Haha, decisions, decisions.

Comment

I think the Billy Boat looks very nice, but I don’t want my car to sound like a Honda with an extremely oversized muffler. I was actually thinking of getting a Dynomax muffler because it has an absurd flow rate and its not too loud. I don’t know if anyone has ever used a Dynomax though.
                          Randall Racing and Engineering
                          Acworth, Georgia, 30101
                          http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

Stromung is the way to go IMO. If you have the money and a way to acquire a Stromung exhaust, I say look no further.
                            -tim
                            I like the stance

Comment

Stromung is the way to go IMO. If you have the money and a way to acquire a Stromung exhaust, I say look no further.
                              The one and only complaint I have about the Stromung is that the tips are straight instead of angled. It still looks pretty good though. It'll probably be the system I'll go with.

Comment

When they assemble the exhaust, you can have them do slanted or straight tips. I'm fairly certain it is an option. Even if it is not, it would be very simple to slant them during assembly. It is a custom, made to order exhaust, no reason why they wouldn't accommodate you.
                                -tim
                                I like the stance

Comment

Working...
                                X