No announcement yet.

Classifieds Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have a point or is that just r3v snark?

i'm honestly concerned here. r3v and the community is important to me.
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      Does anyone owning or running r3v give a damn about this at all? Or is traffic down so much cuz the kiddies are all posting to fb that you've given up?
      The site owner implemented it, so you probably want to talk to him about it.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by panjo View Post
        Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I looked into this transaction for you and do see that you created and advertised your listing for $1 on Panjo, but in the descriptions, noted that you were expecting $300 for the skirts and door panels and/or $120 for the valence.

[ATTACH]112618[/ATTACH]

Though we don't require our veteran forum members to process payment with us, we do ask that you keep the quality of the listings high in the marketplace by setting a price that accurately reflects your asking price. Aside from posting them to r3vlimited, we often run Google shopping ads, Facebook ads, and email promotions to targeted audiences in order to increase your chances of making a sale.

With regards to this transaction, on January 6th, 2017, a buyer entered payment information for a $100 offer. Panjo confirmed and authorized the payment with their bank. Subsequently, an email was sent to the email associated with your Panjo account letting you know about the pending offer payment and asking you whether you'd like to accept the pending offer for the valence, counter the offer, or decline & relist the item. Completely up to you!

[ATTACH]112617[/ATTACH]

I deeply apologize as it seems you might have missed this email or it were filtered by a spam folder that resulted in this horrible experience.

For clarity, we recently implemented binding offers from buyers to ensure seamless payment collection for sellers. We apologize if there has been any confusion during this transitionary period.

Moving forward, if you have multiple items for sale, we always recommend splitting them up into individual listings. This increases visibility of each of your items and prevents any confusion when you are selling your item(s). Alternatively, you can increase the quantity of your listing(s) based off the number of items you have for sale so that your listing isn't taken down after one sale. Buyers will be able to send you custom offers for each item using the 'Make an Offer' button.

As an active seller myself, I completely understand that this sounds like an extra step in your traditional selling process, but the extra few minutes that is taken to separate listings, set accurate listing titles/asking prices, and listing great items really make a huge difference in how well Panjo and Google are able to index your listings in search results and help you make a sale.

Hope this clears up any confusion! As always, we're always looking for feedback to how we can bring your community an even better marketplace experience. You can always reach us at support@panjo.com or visit our support forum at community.panjo.com.
        Thanks for the informational response. I understand where your coming from regarding the quality of listings on panjo, and I do appreciate your efforts towards making things run smoothly. However, with respect, I have no intention of selling my items through panjo or having them advertised on google, etc. In fact I feel like this is a violation of the rights of users on this forum, considering none of us have had a choice weather or not to use panjo, and not many of us were made aware that our for sale listings would also be advertised across the internet at the whim of panjo.

R3v's classified forums are just that- classified ads, similar to craigslist and/or a newspaper. People create advertisements and then communicate personally with sellers just like any other classified service. Everything outside the posting of the advertisement takes place outside of r3vlimeted on the terms of the buyer & seller. This system is the reason that buying & selling things on this forum has become so popular. However, by integrating panjo and forcing members to post through it, R3v classifieds have been turned into an online marketplace- like ebay+paypal, except without the preceding reputation. If R3v users wanted to post to an online marketplace, they would post directly to panjo/ebay. Personally, I want to advertise my items for sale directly to the forums, not an online marketplace. This is why my panjo listing lacked information- and had the $1 price tag- I wanted to avoid panjo all together and communicate the price with a buyer, not have my sale handled by panjo.

Is there any way R3v & Panjo admins can work on a way to post to the R3v classifieds only, In simple ad/thread fashion as we did before?

If not, you need to make people aware of what the classifieds being combined with panjo entails- that ones advertisement will be displayed on multiple websites in addition to r3v, and therefore one needs to create detailed panjo listings as well as R3v listings, and pay attention to their panjo account, so the same issue I had dosent happen to anyone else. Especially if panjo holds money until the seller rejects/accepts a payment- I could have easily never checked my panjo account again, and the gentlemen who sent me money would have had his money potential held by panjo indefinitely.

On another note, can an admin reset the "Sold" status of my advertisement which I had this problem with, as the ad is still coming up as sold despite the fact that I refunded the buyer his payment.

Thanks guys
        Last edited by NotJesus; 01-13-2017, 08:02 PM. Reason: missed some info

Comment

All I can say is Panjo is awful!!!! Just post things on the R3v Facebook page and you'll have none of these issues. There hasn't been one positive aspect to panjo
          2 x 88 IXs, 91 318IS, 90, 97, 98, 01 M3s, 95 540I 6spd,

Current project 91 318is build thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385094

sigpic

Comment

+1 on never using Panjo. I've been scammed enough times that your "hiding the buyer from the seller" will absolutely prevent me from doing business through you. The reason I do business through R3v is because I can see users post counts, activity and information supporting their good intentions as a member of this community.

If I want to business with some sketchy randoms I'll use eBay like the rest of the world.

Additional thought:

I'll add another level of concern. Work blocks Panjo and I post 99% of what I post is from work. So there's that.
            Last edited by Nick's e30; 01-18-2017, 09:45 AM. Reason: Additional Thought
            No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Brian, it seems Panjo has added (or is adding) a number of new features, in addition to having some that a user might not be aware of if they were to simply fulfill the bare minimum requirements to create a for sale thread here now that Panjo has been integrated. It might be helpful to everyone if you create a thread, here on this forum, which outlines some of the basics as well as documents the changes.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                The site owner implemented it, so you probably want to talk to him about it.
                We exchanged PMs. He has damn good reason to outsource the listing and transaction processing, and anyone who may think he's making bank with Panjo doesn't know the facts. so it is what it is and we all need to come to terms with that.

best thing we can all do is continue to provide constructive feedback. Panjo needs to continue improving their capabilities. we'll get there eventually as long as Panjo steps up and cleans up the app. There's a lot of obvious stuff they should be able to address without boiling the ocean development wise. Fingers crossed

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Is selling through panjo mandatory? Got few parts I need to clear

Comment

check the first post from the site owner..

short answer: yes if you post in classifieds you will be taken to Panjo. they try to sync everything up on their side so that your r3v handle works on their site.

temp answer: you can for at least the short term bypass panjo via mobile access. read earlier for info. This isn't what the site owner wants you to do.

warning 1: if you don't use Panjo and you get scammed by a slimeball seller, don't cry to r3v.

warning 2: Panjo has problems. read the thread if you want to learn more

good luck :-)

PS i'm just a member here with an r3v obsession. no affiliation.

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by panjo View Post
                      As an active seller myself, I completely understand that this sounds like an extra step in your traditional selling process,
                      I'm going to call you out on that. Let us see your listings.

Last edited by george graves; 01-18-2017, 06:58 AM.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        I'm going to call you out on that. Let us see your listings.

Sure! I personally do not own a BMW nor do I buy/sell car parts, but in my free time, I do seasonally trim down my wardrobe that caters to a few men's fashion enthusiast Reddit communities.

Aside from a few $2 test listings on my profile ...I've sold a number of articles of clothing on Panjo. You can see them here: https://www.panjo.com/profile/71735/panjo-administrator

Comment

Posted a bunch of things and not a one of them seems to be on the forums.

This is terrible.

I refuse to use FB. But am forced to use Panjo.
                          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                            Posted a bunch of things and not a one of them seems to be on the forums.

This is terrible.

I refuse to use FB. But am forced to use Panjo.
                            Did you select the forum category where you wanted the listing to generate to?

You can refer to this simple FAQ guide!

Comment

Panjo blows. $25 item with an 11% fee.

Fuck you.
                              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                                Panjo blows. $25 item with an 11% fee.

Fuck you.
                                Holy shit sell it for 27.50 and it will cover the fee. It's not that hard.
                                Originally posted by LJ851
                                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X