R&M Racing M20 Adjustable Camshaft Gear V.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinnabar325is View Post
    Went to buy one last night and your website is down! And still is this morning.
    Very sorry for the inconvenience. We were on the phone with the web hosting company for a few hours this morning. There was a mix up with our domain names renewal and they failed to contact us regarding the issue and simply took down the site. It is all taken care of now and everything is back and functional. We have already received some orders since it has been back up so its verified that everything is working.

-Riley Alexander
    R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

Just ordered now! Thanks!
      '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Might be in for one of these later...
        ///Z

1988 BMW 325 Super Eta - Elsa

"i"CONVERSIONWARchip&3.0MAF3.73LSDBBSRSsSMILIES"is"SPOILER+LIPHOUNDSTOOTHSHORTSHIFTERPLASTICBUMPERCONVERSIONEtc.

Sell Me Your SCHWARZ FENDERS!

Originally posted by chadthestampede
        ^ Nothing you post makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zasz View Post
          Might be in for one of these later...
          Let us know if you have any questions regarding the product! We would be happy to answer all of your questions!

-Riley Alexander

Comment

Was just working on installing the new cam gear and realized I don't know what the recommended torque specs are for the hex bolts that hold the gear teeth to the rest of the unit. I certainly don't want them to come loose.

Any recommendations? Maybe a little blue loctite or not?
            '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnabar325is View Post
              Was just working on installing the new cam gear and realized I don't know what the recommended torque specs are for the hex bolts that hold the gear teeth to the rest of the unit. I certainly don't want them to come loose.

Any recommendations? Maybe a little blue loctite or not?
              Blue loctite is recommended and used on ALL of our installs. As far as torque specs, foot pound torque wrench's will NOT be accurate when using a hex socket due to the large difference between the tip of the hex socket and the driver on the torque wrench.

Using our torque wrench that we have in the shop and our hex bit socket, for the bolts to be "correctly" tightened, the wrench shows 35 ft-lbs. Like I said though, that number gets affected by the reduction of the socket as well as the possibility of the torque wrench being out of adjustment.

IMHO, we do not trust torque wrench's except for higher values such as 85ft-lbs for head bolts or things of that sort.

We recommend using the loctite as stated earlier and following this torque sequence.
              1. Make all bolts HAND tight where they are tightened all the way down with NO force. Simply bottom the screws out.
              2. Rotate the screw an additional 1/4-3/4 turn. (Your discretion)

Basically, you need to use your mechanics judgment on this, it is not something that an exact measurement can be given for. The only way we could possibly give an exact measurement would be with inch pounds and hardly anybody has inch pound torque wrench's. Even then, you need to use your judgment when tightening these bolts. You need to make it tight, but don't go Hercules on it and break the bolts.
              Last edited by r-mracing; 12-24-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

FREE SHIPPING FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND! VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

This offer is only for today Friday December 23rd, through Sunday December 25th at midnight. Get your orders in!!! This offer won't last. At checkout there is a "FREE SHIPPING" option available.

Comment

new product coming out!!!! check the website.

Comment

I've been speaking with Dederic about his turbo setup and I am interested to get the most out of the M20 when I turbo it. Do you have some performance values that you recommend as far as timing goes when installing with a turbo'd M20?
                    1997 Artic Silver M3
                    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Just a bump. These things are still available on our website. Feel free to to ask any questions.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

We still have lots of these in stock! come get them!

Comment

So whats up with these gears? I keep hearing mixed reviews.

Who's running these cam gears other than the supplier
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
                              So whats up with these gears? I keep hearing mixed reviews.

Who's running these cam gears other than the supplier
                              Bimmerheads.com (MR_325) has been using the gears on many of his builds and has some threads about it. We have sold over 70 gears from v1-v3(current). We have had less then 5 returns in that volume (and time) span.

The only claim we have ever had on our warranty was from a fluke imperfection on the pin that seats into the cam. The pin had an issue with how it was pressed into the gear and the gear was replaced under warranty.

So overall, we feel very confident with the products that we sell.

:mrgreen:

Comment

Website down again
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X