Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy! $1900 shipped, limited time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy! $1900 shipped, limited time!!

The TRUE E30 5 Lug Conversion Kit is here.

And ready for group buy! This is no "bolt on" 4 lug to 5 lug wheel adaptor, this is a true conversion. German made E36 M3 hubs in the front and factory BMW E30 M3 rear hubs provide the additional lug, and E46 M3 brakes in the front paired E46 325i brakes in the rear provide a massive upgrade in stopping power! This means the E46 M3 factory 2 piece Motorsport rotor can be run in the front, and fully functionality of the stock E30 parking is retained.

There are 20 kits available at the group buy special price of $1900 SHIPPED. Group buy starts on 3/8/2013 and ends on 3/29/2013. After this, the price goes up to MSRP of $2499.

The first ten kits ship after the first 10 have been purchased.

For more information or to satisfy any curiosity, please visit my thread that has been up here on R3V since October of 2012: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863

Every machined part in the 5 Lug Conversion Kit is 100% made in the U.S.A. with nothing but the highest quality materials, all machined by a highly skilled Swiss native and trained machinist here in Northern California. The pictures do not do the quality of work justice!

The front hub conversion assemblies are machined from 4043 Chromoly Steel, and the caliper brackets are machined from 2024 Aluminum and anodized blue.

This kit uses E36 M3 or E46 M3 front calipers, and E39 525i, 528i, or 530i all aluminum rear calipers.

Contact information: please PM me, rongineer13, regarding payment information or any specific questions regarding the kit.

Please note that calipers, rotors, and brake pads are NOT included, but can be provided at additional cost. Here's the list of included parts:
    • 2 front hub conversion assemblies, made from 4043 Chromoly steel
    • 2 German made E36 M3 5 lug hubs/wheel bearings
    • 2 front caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum
    • 2 rotor spacers, made from 6061 Aluminum
    • 2 rotor centering rings, made from 6061 Aluminum
    • 2 hub centric retainers, made from 6061 Aluminum
    • 2 factory BMW E30 M3 rear hub flanges
    • 2 FAG factory rear wheel bearing kits
    • 2 rear caliper brackets, made from 2024 Aluminum
    • 2 rear braided Stainless Steel brake lines, for new calipers
    • All necessary hardware, factory BMW supplied when applicable
    • Complete installation instuction packet, picture heavy!
    • Complete list of all applicable part numbers for calipers, rotors, and pad options

Please note that in the following pictures, that some of the above mentioned items (hardware, brake lines and paperwork) are not shown.

Enjoy the pictures and more will be up tomorrow!

sigpic
    My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
    5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Wow props for doing the hard work.
    Have you mounted and tested this setup?

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
    function>form

Comment

Wow, what a great idea...beautiful.

Same proportioning valve and MC?

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

This is way more practical than chopping up e30 m3 struts for my Ground Control conversion. With this, I can just toss on regular e30 struts with the 5 lug hubs and GC convert those

I am really excited for this product, and being able to run bigger brakes is sweet! I can't wait till I have some money to buy it.

Do you have any idea on fitment issues using 16" wheels?
        Straight bolt on the rear regarding the emergency brake assembly

Comment

Wow these look awesome.

Now I need to figure out what E46 M3 calipers go for used and how what wheels options will clear them and still fit on an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
            Wow props for doing the hard work.
            Have you mounted and tested this setup?
            Thanks! I have had them mounted on my daily driver '89 325iS since mid October, and have put over 10,000 miles on them to date.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Wow, what a great idea...beautiful.

Same proportioning valve and MC?
            Thank you! I am running the stock MC and stock proportioning with no issues, but the pedal does travel a little further than stock. The proportioning is not identical to stock, but I do not have a calculated difference.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
            This is way more practical than chopping up e30 m3 struts for my Ground Control conversion. With this, I can just toss on regular e30 struts with the 5 lug hubs and GC convert those

I am really excited for this product, and being able to run bigger brakes is sweet! I can't wait till I have some money to buy it.

Do you have any idea on fitment issues using 16" wheels?
            Straight bolt on the rear regarding the emergency brake assembly
            The less of, or lack of, hacking things up was one of my biggest modivators in the kit design. I am working on a new front caliper bracket that will allow the use of E46 325i front rotors and calipers, which I know for just fine inside 16" wheels. And yes, straight bolt on in regards to the rear brakes and parking brake.

Originally posted by kts View Post
            Wow these look awesome.

Now I need to figure out what E46 M3 calipers go for used and how what wheels options will clear them and still fit on an E30.
            E46 M3, E36 M3, and (if I recall correctly) E32 740i calipers all fit the same. I am running E36 offset 17" wheels with plenty clearance, but those are easy!
            sigpic
            My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
            5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Comment

Originally posted by rongineer13 View Post
              The less of, or lack of, hacking things up was one of my biggest modivators in the kit design. I am working on a new front caliper bracket that will allow the use of E46 325i front rotors and calipers, which I know for just fine inside 16" wheels. And yes, straight bolt on in regards to the rear brakes and parking brake.
              These are really sweet man
              How much offset do they add versus the stock e30 hubs?

Comment

great product! fill and redrill to late in my case.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  These are really sweet man
                  How much offset do they add versus the stock e30 hubs?
                  Thank you, the front adds 12mm in track width, and I'm not entirely sure about the rears. Guess I should measure that! I'll get back to you on that.

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                  great product! fill and redrill to late in my case.
                  Thanks! Well if you ever feel the need for ability to put all the loose objects inside your car through the windshield, you know where to find it :D
                  sigpic

Comment

Great work Ron.

What about guys that have e30m3 suspension all around? Anyway to mount these brakes on them?
                    Originally posted by codyep3
                    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                    2010 F650gs twin
                    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Todd,

First off, thanks! And yes there certainly is. I'm in the midst of working on the fronts, but the rear brakes are identical for the E30 M3, except you won't need the hubs obviously! If your serious about running E46 M3 fronts, there are a few different routes that can be taken; pm me if you want to discuss it further. Thanks!

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                      Great work Ron.

What about guys that have e30m3 suspension all around? Anyway to mount these brakes on them?
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! Free bump, sound like some amazing products you've created.
                        -Ryan
                        05/87 Henna M3
                        04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

This is pretty dope great job!

WTB
                          -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                          -s52, s50, m52, m54
                          -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
                            Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! Free bump, sound like some amazing products you've created.
                            Absolutely! Any time. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by AlpineM325 View Post
                            This is pretty dope great job!
                            Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Fist off thank you for making this!

For comparisons sake. What is the added track width of an e36 5 lug and also e30 5 lug? I know this is a huge advantage of this kit is keeping close to a stock width giving wider tire fitment options.

Comment

Working...
                              X