Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy! $1900 shipped, limited time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely interested in this kit and I plan to buy it at some point but unfortunately I don't have the funds available for the right now. Which sucks since I'd love to save some $ at this intro price. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Don't let Ron's low post count fool you, this guy knows his stuff and is a great seller!
      Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
      Yeah, Ron and Ryan G worked on my car a few years back - I had urethane bushings put in and a bunch of other stuff. I can confirm that Ron knows his stuff.
      Thank you, gentlemen! Unfortunely my post count on here on the interwebs certainly doesn't reflect my experience working on and building E30s! Now Danny, lets get a 5 lug kit on your swap car ;)

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
      This just happens to come at the wrong time, I've been waiting for this kit for so long too! I'll definitely be in to purchase at MSRP when the time is right.

Awesome job!
      And thank you! Let me know when you're in the market.
      sigpic
      My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
      5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
        I'm definitely interested in this kit and I plan to buy it at some point but unfortunately I don't have the funds available for the right now. Which sucks since I'd love to save some $ at this intro price. :(
        Well, let me know when you are ready to pull the trigger, I would love to provide you with 4 extra lugs! :p

Okay everyone, as much as I hate to say this...I do believe the group buy's time is up!! Thank you everyone for your support and responses. This is only the beginning of the 5 lug adventure!
        sigpic
        My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
        5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Comment

Wow, I'm seriously the only person to go in for this group buy? Maybe once I get back stateside and have a chance to install this, that'll generate some more interest. Thanks again Ron.
          Anthracite 2000 M5 - Weekend Whip

Schwarz 1988 325is 5Speed - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Jackle30 View Post
            Wow, I'm seriously the only person to go in for this group buy? Maybe once I get back stateside and have a chance to install this, that'll generate some more interest. Thanks again Ron.
            I really think its awesome that someone has engineered this but I think the elephant in the room is that the current method to 5 lug swap offers a similar setup for less.

If the kit was priced to be a little more competitive to current E36 M3 method then I would say this could really take off or maybe offer front and rear kits separately.

Comment

I think this is a stellar kit and way to go for a majority of the people in all reality.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                I think this is a stellar kit and way to go for a majority of the people in all reality.
                I agree, it is a great kit, front offset is the only downfall in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                  I really think its awesome that someone has engineered this but I think the elephant in the room is that the current method to 5 lug swap offers a similar setup for less.

If the kit was priced to be a little more competitive to current E36 M3 method then I would say this could really take off or maybe offer front and rear kits separately.
                  This.

If this was an E30 M3 offset set-up vs. E36, it would be MUCH more attractive.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I may not be in on the GB in this thread, but that is only because I'm having Ron set me up with some 6-pot brembos to go with it.

This kit is THE way to go if you want 5 lug, real brakes, and not destroy your handling without coughing up the dough for e30 m3 parts (if you can find them all easily). Go on the auto-x/track forum on here and look at the threads about 5 lug. They all say no-go unless you do e30 m3. This is the best middle ground, it allows you to keep your proper suspension geometry and proper brake bias (unlike e36 conversions) without purchasing an e30 m3 parts car. IMO, this kit offers way more than an e36 conversion and is priced very fairly considering no one else has ever done this for our cars.

I can't wait for mine.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
                      I may not be in on the GB in this thread, but that is only because I'm having Ron set me up with some 6-pot brembos to go with it.

This kit is THE way to go if you want 5 lug, real brakes, and not destroy your handling without coughing up the dough for e30 m3 parts (if you can find them all easily). Go on the auto-x/track forum on here and look at the threads about 5 lug. They all say no-go unless you do e30 m3. This is the best middle ground, it allows you to keep your proper suspension geometry and proper brake bias (unlike e36 conversions) without purchasing an e30 m3 parts car. IMO, this kit offers way more than an e36 conversion and is priced very fairly considering no one else has ever done this for our cars.

I can't wait for mine.
                      I agree, if you do a super cheap E36 non-m front suspension / control arms your geometry will be off but you can install an E36 ///M front suspension and maintain proper geometry. I think Art actually pointed that out long ago with his write up here http://extradrei.com/5lug.html

Also I don't think any claim was made that this kit offers stock brake bias if I was reading the response to Stereo Installer's inquiry on the first page. That would really be subjective to which brake setup the end user decided to go with.

E36 ///M front suspension / brake stuff has really taken a dive in pricing as well as the M Roadster rear trailing arm setups. And with those you also gain larger half shafts and reinforced trailing arms not to mention a wider selection of wheels that will not require the purchase of additional spacers.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy by any means. I love and appreciate the innovation behind this product but I also know it can be a tough sell on r3v if there is a cheaper alternative even if its not a perfect one. I've been trying to talk friends out of cheap E36 non-m 5L setups for years. The right people will find this product and buy it but I don't want the OP to get discouraged if 50 people don't jump in at once. R3v's wallet is one tough cookie to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
                        I agree, it is a great kit, front offset is the only downfall in my mind.
                        Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        This.

If this was an E30 M3 offset set-up vs. E36, it would be MUCH more attractive.
                        Thanks everyone for the conversion here! I'm not discouraged at all.

I do feel that I need to adress the front offset issue here though. While matching the E30 M3 front offset would be most optimal, there are MANY reasons why this isn't even physically possible.

1. The 5 lug hub is 4mm taller from the hub face to the back of the bearing.
                        2. The sleeve I designed that goes into the back of the bearing, has a flange on it to provide the proper mating surface for the inner bearing race to seat against; which is 3mm thick.
                        3. The rotor spacer is 6mm thick. It would have been thinner or non existent, but sadly there are these two annoying ball joints hanging out behind the rotor!
                        4. The last note on the rotors, if the hub was further back, a thick rotor spacer would be needed to it cleared the balljoints, and thus we're back to zero. OR a custom 2 piece rotor would be required...and that's not at all cost effective.

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post

I can't wait for mine.
                        Thanks Austin! As he knows, I just fitted the 135i brembos with a 338mm rotor to the 5 lug kit last night. It looks killer!

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                        I agree, if you do a super cheap E36 non-m front suspension / control arms your geometry will be off but you can install an E36 ///M front suspension and maintain proper geometry. I think Art actually pointed that out long ago with his write up here http://extradrei.com/5lug.html

Also I don't think any claim was made that this kit offers stock brake bias if I was reading the response to Stereo Installer's inquiry on the first page. That would really be subjective to which brake setup the end user decided to go with.

E36 ///M front suspension / brake stuff has really taken a dive in pricing as well as the M Roadster rear trailing arm setups. And with those you also gain larger half shafts and reinforced trailing arms not to mention a wider selection of wheels that will not require the purchase of additional spacers.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy by any means. I love and appreciate the innovation behind this product but I also know it can be a tough sell on r3v if there is a cheaper alternative even if its not a perfect one. I've been trying to talk friends out of cheap E36 non-m 5L setups for years. The right people will find this product and buy it but I don't want the OP to get discouraged if 50 people don't jump in at once. R3v's wallet is one tough cookie to crack.
                        RobertK, thank you, and I sincerely mean it, for all of what you've pointed out; and please don't take me for one to get discouraged...I only end up working harder at things in the face of difficulty.

I would also like to point out the fact that this thread was my initial, complete kit offering; that by no means says I won't be selling it "a la carte", or front or rears separate...as I most certainly will and have been discussing this with members over PMs.

Thanks again guys!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rongineer13 View Post
                          RobertK, thank you, and I sincerely mean it, for all of what you've pointed out; and please don't take me for one to get discouraged...I only end up working harder at things in the face of difficulty.

I would also like to point out the fact that this thread was my initial, complete kit offering; that by no means says I won't be selling it "a la carte", or front or rears separate...as I most certainly will and have been discussing this with members over PMs.

Thanks again guys!
                          Awesome, I think for some of us the "a la carte" method may offer convenience for those of us who want the M roadster rear but want a more simple bolt on front 5L configuration.

Comment

Have you test fitted the e34 M5 rotor or e31 850i rotors? They are 315x28 and 324x30 respectively. The same diameters as the e36 m3 and e46 m3 rotors. IIRC they have a shallower rotor bell which may allow a smaller rotor spacer, if not eliminating it completely. I have a set of 850i rotors locally you're welcome to try if interested. Shoot me a PM.
                            1983 635csi
                            1988 M5
                            1991 850i

Comment

Originally posted by rongineer13 View Post
                              Todd,

First off, thanks! And yes there certainly is. I'm in the midst of working on the fronts, but the rear brakes are identical for the E30 M3, except you won't need the hubs obviously! If your serious about running E46 M3 fronts, there are a few different routes that can be taken; pm me if you want to discuss it further. Thanks!
                              I too want to know about the front brakes as I already have E30 M3 suspension.
                              90 E30 S50B30
                              http://www.fquick.com/roadhazard/

Comment

Originally posted by RoadHazard View Post
                                I too want to know about the front brakes as I already have E30 M3 suspension.
                                My apologies in my extremely tardy response, I have a rotor set up that will allow you to use the E36 M3 front calipers that bolt straight onto the E30 M3 strut and not use a rotor spacer. PM me if you're interested!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X