Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garagistic LLC M30 b35 mounts in stock and ready to ship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
    That would be the point where you are screwed if none of your hypothetical combos work.

An actual ANSWER of "this combination works" is what people are lookin for.
    These Mounts are for those who have made a priority to have their engines sit in position 3. There are endless ways to go about shortening a driveshaft whether it being welded or a combo of a couple different driveshafts put together.

I'm sure with all the man in you, even you can come up with a solution, even if it means reading frankys e30 m3 swap PDF.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
      These Mounts are for those who have made a priority to have their engines sit in position 3. There are endless ways to go about shortening a driveshaft whether it being welded or a combo of a couple different driveshafts put together.

I'm sure with all the man in you, even you can come up with a solution, even if it means reading frankys e30 m3 swap PDF.... ;)
      This is true. There is no reason a driveshaft should stop you in this swap. This is not a new swap, its been done for years. With some searching on here lots of combos can be found. Our mounts dont change much.

However, if you do not want to shorten the driveshaft it is not really a big deal. There is actually plenty of space on our mount to make a different engine position (we can actually do this for you when we make the mounts as well). Here is a picture showing just how much room there is if you want to move the engine if you do not want to modify a driveshaft or go custom (there is no reason to go custom for the record).

For the record Franks e30 m30 PDF is a good idea to see everything that is involved.

Comment

My small point being...

If ya need a custom shaft with these mounts, ok fine say it. If you can go with a mix match of E30/36/46 sections to make it work, GREAT. I'd like to know because I have interest in an M30 E30 made easy. That IS why I clicked on the thread.

But what is it. I assume you must of built and installed an engine using these mounts before marketing them. I would think you have a concrete recipe to make these work.

and BTW Imitator I have enough man in me to put an E46 330ci 6-speed behind my M20. So please spare me any further condescending comments.
        93 E30 325ic BrilliantRot M20B25 TCD S2+ GS637BZ CT3582R MS2

Bought from or sold to me?
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200290

Comment

If ya need a custom shaft with these mounts, ok fine say it. If you can go with a mix match of E30/36/46 sections to make it work, GREAT. I'd like to know because I have interest in an M30 E30 made easy. That IS why I clicked on the thread.

But what is it. I assume you must of built and installed an engine using these mounts before marketing them. I would think you have a concrete recipe to make these work.
          There is no need for a custom driveshaft for this swap. Although you can buy a custom one if you'd like.

These mounts will work with the following setups:

1987 325eS Large flange driveshaft
          1988 325 Super Eta driveshaft
          1987-1991 E30 M3 driveshaft

You can also use an e28 m30 driveshaft front section with any e30 CSB and driveshaft rear section.

The rule to remember with this swap's driveshaft is, LARGE FLANGE. There is plenty of room on the splined section of the driveshaft to accept a motor position that it further toward the rear than stock. So all you have to worry about is having the large flange. The difference of Position I and Position III is a matter of about 1.5".

If you have any questions about the swap, please shoot me a PM. I will be buying a set of these mounts. I will have a set in my hands tomorrow morning.

Taylor
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

and BTW Imitator I have enough man in me to put an E46 330ci 6-speed behind my M20. So please spare me any further condescending comments.
            That wasn't meant to be rude I even threw wink at ya ;)
            Then obtain knowledge before coming into to a group buy thread and saying one is "Screwed" about a product you could use enlightenment on; There are plenty of write-ups and an m30 swap section here if you need questions answered.

btw: congrats on your 04 account.

EDIT: It appears "e30_fiend" has saved you the time and research.

Comment

Best thing is to take your stock driveshaft to a driveshaft place.
              I think it was 70bux to shorten/balance mine on an unrelated project.
              Years ago.

Comment

To actually contribute a little, I have a g265 driveshaft from a 633csi. Most places will not touch a driveshaft that is spin welded/friction welded, which almost all bmw driveshafts have at least a couple spin welds.

In my case, I had spin welds on the rear section of my driveshaft, while the front half leading to the transmission had a different type of weld at the flange.
                I was quoted roughly $125 for a shortened and balanced driveshaft.

Comment

Update:

We are changing the design slightly (it will not affect timeline at all). We are basically making some changes to allow compatibility with a few of the motor mounts already on the market (such as condor etc etc).

More importantly we are making sure these conversion mounts clear aftermarket headers. These will be one of the few conversion arms that will allow you to run headers such as the IE units. So these mounts are going to be header friendly!!!!

Pictures coming soon! (special thanks to E30_fiend aka taylor for his help on this product.)

Still room to sign up.
                  Last edited by garagistic; 07-30-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Sick.

Comment

:)
                      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

I saw these mounts in person at Garagistic while picking up other parts and all i gotta say is Wow. Screams quality from every angle.
                        » PARTS FOR SALE
                        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

That's what's up!

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
                            Update:

More importantly we are making sure these conversion mounts clear aftermarket headers. These will be one of the few conversion arms that will allow you to run headers such as the IE units. So these mounts are going to be header friendly!!!!
                            You guys may have jumped the gun a bit on these, but as they say "all good things come to those who wait". This is great news. Very much looking forward to seeing these out there.
                            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Meaning IE already has headers for the m30 swap?

Either way my custom mounts barely let my turbo header clear it was a big
                              pain.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                                You guys may have jumped the gun a bit on these, but as they say "all good things come to those who wait". This is great news. Very much looking forward to seeing these out there.
                                We mocked tthese up with my IE headers yesterday. Made the necessary adjustments and markings. These are amazing mount arms in person . Pictures don't do them justice.

Lowr3vin, meaning these mounts will clear m30 headers made by IE. See the above post

Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X