No announcement yet.

Dream come true- E30M3 Content Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do find one then I have to hope it's in bad enough shape I can afford it but not a basket case. But they have to be out there, you see the m1 found in Italy? Had 4000 miles got parked in a garage and has been sitting

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
      You've inspired me to start pounding the pavement looking for one to save. I figure someone in my area has one stashed in a garage I just need to find them
      I think there are still a few left! One just popped up in Jersey that had been sitting for 10 years. It was pretty damn rough, seller wanted $15K firm. The thing is, the prices are making then inaccessible, and they're not going down.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Nice! Looks like your friend just drove the car as is without any mods. That's tough to do. Restore it and show it some love before parts get even more ridiculous. No need for 2.5L if you build the 2.3 right.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Great find! Can't wait to see it running also

Comment

I think that one in Jersey sold in under a day. The price on that one seems high but it sold so quick he probably could have gotten 20 for it. Cheapest one on eBay right now is 45k and that has 125,000 miles.

There were around 5000 brought to the USA so I believe the prices will just keep going up. Man wish I had bought one 10 years ago instead of a Honda prelude

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              Nice! Looks like your friend just drove the car as is without any mods. That's tough to do. Restore it and show it some love before parts get even more ridiculous. No need for 2.5L if you build the 2.3 right.
              Thank you! Yes, I am very happy about the fact that the car has not been modified/tampered with. The body is in fantastic shape underneath the grime.

The main thing I'm currently facing is the head gasket. It's really bad. Once I do that and refresh everything else while I'm in there it'll be running/stopping/driving, and I can begin to pinpoint and restore section by section from there.

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
              Great find! Can't wait to see it running also
              Thanks, Jesse! I'll be doing the HG once it gets a bit warmer, as I can't really fit in my shop with the door down haha! Once that's done it'll be running to the point where I can at least bring it to a car wash to start cleaning up the exterior.

Things are a lot more difficult when you don't have a home garage with common necessities like a hose, lights in your garage, etc.

I think that one in Jersey sold in under a day. The price on that one seems high but it sold so quick he probably could have gotten 20 for it. Cheapest one on eBay right now is 45k and that has 125,000 miles.

There were around 5000 brought to the USA so I believe the prices will just keep going up. Man wish I had bought one 10 years ago instead of a Honda prelude
              Yep, I think it did sell in a day. There are hawks all over the country looking for these things. That guy in NJ probably got more than his asking price wired to him from a broker in LA 15 minutes after it was listed.

And yeah, they're going to keep rising. I'm just curious as to when/where that's going to stop, if it ever will.

Is the E30M3 going to be a $200,000 car in 5-10 years?

Comment

Well, when it's running make a road trip out to Colorado!

Comment

I sold one of mine for good numbers, was a California car but high mileage and theft recovery, but was very solid. Your Zinno looks like mine did when I got mine back in 06, solid unmolested minus an ecu chip and needing paint and freshening.

Mine still needs paint but runs very well for a car with nearly 300K miles on it. Here is a shot of mine at my older place.

PS welcome to the torture of NLA for unique parts.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Happy for you ! s14 ftw!
                    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                    Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                    1967 2002 parts car
                    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                      Well, when it's running make a road trip out to Colorado!
                      That's the plan! I'm planning a mountain bike/E30 roadtrip this summer. Don't know if I'll have the heart to take the M3 or not but we'll see when the time comes.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                      I sold one of mine for good numbers, was a California car but high mileage and theft recovery, but was very solid. Your Zinno looks like mine did when I got mine back in 06, solid unmolested minus an ecu chip and needing paint and freshening.

Mine still needs paint but runs very well for a car with nearly 300K miles on it. Here is a shot of mine at my older place.

PS welcome to the torture of NLA for unique parts.
                      Your gals look clean! It's crazy how well these things run. This car has about 170K on it and I feel it hasn't even reached its half-life. I don't think I'll ever repaint it, as I am going to drive the heck out of this car. Maybe for resale some day down the road, but I don't ever foresee that day coming.

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                      Happy for you ! s14 ftw!
                      Thanks, man!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        That's the plan! I'm planning a mountain bike/E30 roadtrip this summer. Don't know if I'll have the heart to take the M3 or not but we'll see when the time comes.

Erase the 2014 and insert 2017 June back at Woodcliff Lake, NJ aka corporate headquarters.

Comment

Erase the 2014 and insert 2017 June back at Woodcliff Lake, NJ aka corporate headquarters.
                          Awesome! I'm there. I'll keep an eye out for when they release the official event details.

Comment

It has been sorta of of on S14.net Might be the first I attend, went a few years ago to Guttenfest which was fun but i prefer non urban enviroment.

Comment

Registration for the vintage 2017 just opened

Comment

It has been sorta of of on S14.net Might be the first I attend, went a few years ago to Guttenfest which was fun but i prefer non urban enviroment.
                                I'm actually sending the M3 back to PA until I have the space to work on it out here in Indiana, so it will be very close to SIGFest in June!

Registration for the vintage 2017 just opened
                                Just saw that! I'm going to hold off on registration until I make progress on at least 1/3 of my cars that all need love. The struggle is real.

Edit: Just learned that the timing components alone for an S14 are $1000......

My total order through Guten to rebuild 85% of my iS was like $950.

Let the fun begin, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X