CAN bus code on my e34 530it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAN bus code on my e34 530it?

I really need help with this. I have done a bunch of searching on Google using a bunch of different combinations of words, and I can not find the info I need.
    I pulled the codes on my '95 e34 530it today and got a throttle position sensor code and a CAN message code. The TB sensor I know how to fix, but I have no idea what to do about the CAN bus.
    As fare as I can tell the CAN bus is some sort of electrical module between the transmission control module and the transmission which lets the two communicate with each other. Its some sort of digital translator or something.
    I can not find a picture of the part or a part number, or anyone ells who has had the same code pop up.
    Do any of you guys know where the CAN bus is located, and what it looks like? Maybe a part number? Does it have a different name that I dont know which is not letting me search for the right thing?

Thanks guys
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Just went through RealOEM and can not find any mention of this part there in ether the Auto Trans section or Gearshift section.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

whats the number for the CAN fault? I'll look it up in my scanner and I'll see what it says.

Comment

Its d2
        I think it may just be a code telling me the trans has a problem and I need to scan the trans computer but my tool wont do that.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh wait what am I saying, its OBD 1. Hmmm. I'll look around. Sorry bout that.

Comment

Maybe this will help idk: http://www.peakeresearch.com/manuals...201.0%20NA.pdf

Comment

^
              I have that in paper form. It sadly does not go into detail on what a d2 aka CAN message is a warning for.
              sigpic

Comment

Damn. Good luck, wish I could help you.

Comment

Thanks man, and thanks for posting. A lot of the time its hard just to get anyone to offer anything. The guys at Bimmerforums had nothing to offer besides that the e34 had not CAN bus communications system. That just confused me even more.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X