Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New fuel pump & filter car won't start pls someone help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuel pump & filter car won't start pls someone help !!!

Someone help I'm going crazy trying to Figure this out. 1990 325i i installed new fuel pump with a new fuel filter,new plugs & the timing belt was done 30k ago.fuel relay are in working order. I loosen the hose to the fuel pressure regulator seem to be no fuel. Sprayed some starter fluid car started just for a few seconds.no fuel pressure what could cause this ?? Pumps working perfectly fine. Veteran rev's any suggestions

Did you make sure the arrow on the fuel filter was hooked up to the line going toward the engine?

Comment

^ This
      You will get no go juice if it's backwards, and if you did a universal pump make sure it's not wired in reverse because the pump will try to run in reverse as well.
      sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

I had a problem last year where a brand new pump would not work.
        i could take a look and then it would work for a few weeks then mess up again

ended up being a bad fuel pump plug. some dielectric grease and a zip tie to hold it
        together ended up fixing the problem.

moral of the story is that those plugs are fragile and break all the time especially
        when putting in a new pump.

Comment

Fuel filter is installed correct arrow is connected to the line going to the engine and I checked fuel pump plugs they plugged up snug tight clean them up a bit.One other thing I also checked was I unplugged the lines on the fuel rail and regulator cracked the motor no fuel?? Idk what's going on

Comment

I'd check if you have the pump lines running the correct way, also are you getting pressure to the fuel rail?

Comment

No pressure at all, but there's two pumps underneath the back seat I changed the one on the right hand side of the car,but I also check the voltage for the pump on the left side and result were well I still deciding on changing this pump also this is really becoming a nightmare.

Comment

Your main pump is the one on the rear firewall that's not in the tank. The pump in the tank is just a "lift" pump.
                sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Working...
                X