Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you interested in doing a 24v swap? Read this!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebanke30
    i've done alot of reading about my m50 e30 .... Is one thing i should be worried about be.. The fuel pump? Which should i use? Are they the same? E30 and e36/ im gonna pull the fuel pump anyways from my parts car but should i swap the e36 one for the e30 or will the e30 pump be fine for my car?
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO SWITCH PUMPS!!!!!!

I hope people will read this.

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBANKe30
      i've done alot of reading about my M50 e30 .... is one thing i should be worried about be.. the FUEL PUMP? which should i use? are they the same? e30 and e36/ im gonna pull the fuel pump anyways from my parts car but should i swap the e36 one for the e30 or will the e30 pump be fine for my car?

Not only has that question been answered over and over again in this forum, but it's been asked in THIS THREAD.

BY YOU

AND ANSWERED.

Jesus. Between this and the guy PM'ing me asking why his m50 with an e36 oil pan won't clear the subframe, I have no hope for the future of e30 enthusiasts.
      Last edited by JGood; 12-25-2009, 01:09 PM.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        Not only has that question been answered over and over again in this forum, but it's been asked in THIS THREAD.

BY YOU

AND ANSWERED.

Jesus. Between this and the guy PM'ing me asking why his m50 with an e36 oil pan won't clear the subframe, I have no hope for the future of e30 enthusiasts.
        Did someone really ask you at?

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hahah just didnt check the thread. My bad....... merry christmas r3v
          95' e36 325i manual 102k - dead and parted
          87' e30 325i manual m50 102k - alive again
          89' e30 325i coupe manual 162k - acquired june. 2009
          sold dec. 2009
          88' e30 325ix coupe manual 182k

" Everything happens in series of three "
          e30 all day

Comment

very good write up! my swap starts fri!
            sigpic
            ^Back in the game^
            BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
            FS thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Regarding engine mounts: The green mounts worked and so do the Ireland Engineering poly e34 mounts. I've had both, and currently using the poly mounts

Comment

clusterfuck or not i've probably read about 3hrs. worth of swap info just today, thanks for all the resources, i'll refrane from redundent questions now.
                sigpic

Comment

Im about to buy the motor mounts, and im wondering when you say buy e28 m5 mounts, do i buy the set (on left mount, one right mount) or something different?

Comment

Originally posted by agustingig View Post
                    im about to buy the motor mounts, and im wondering when you say buy e28 m5 mounts, do i buy the set (on left mount, one right mount) or something different?

anyone!?!?!?

Comment

Buy two hexagonal mounts.

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                        Buy two hexagonal mounts.

2 of these on the way to iceland,, Cant wait to get started! Thanks for the help.. :D

Comment

Yep. That's what you need. :up:

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I am having a problem understanding pin #8 and #9 on the e30 harness (working on an '87 "e" model) there is no #8 or #9 pin to correspond with the 24 and 20 (respectively) on the m50 harness.

According to AllData, #8 should be the DME/idle control and #9 should be a speed signal, but those 2 are completely missing on the harness in the car, along with 13, 14, 19 and 20. Am I supposed to use those pins on the chassis side of the e30 harness and they were not used in the engine side of the old 30 harness?

Any suggestions?

These few wires, the ever elusive 413 ECU, and the exhaust connection to the stock exhaust is all that's holding this project up at the moment.

I have read a lot of the other stickies but they are so hard to follow with all the clutter.

EDIT: Mods can delete this post if so desired, problems traced, have to get an "i" tach and the coolant sensor from an m20 to have signal to the dash...

Thanks,
                            Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

sweet, i found what swap im doing once i get the yeep daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                                YOU DO NOT NEED TO SWITCH PUMPS!!!!!!

I hope people will read this.

yeah, leave the damn fuel tank closed, no need to crack that can of worms...

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Working...
                                X