M50 E30 Swap Thread - vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 E30 Swap Thread - vancouver

other guys threads have been super helpful in prepping for this swap, so im gonna start one and hopefully somebody finds it useful in the future when its done :up:

Hey little bit of back story on the car, picked it up for $805 a couple weeks ago with the intention of building a m20 for it, but ended up wanting a newer motor because of the obvious advantages and the challenge of a motor swap.

heres the car I limped home (thinkin the AFM was dead after 3-4 grand) 100kms. 1986 325 limited edition with 280kms and a 5 speed. car has a bunch of little problems im fixing along the way. anyway heres a pic

cheap, clean body, 4 doors and the ability to drive home was everything I was looking for in an e30, and thats what this thing gave me

and after throwing some ballerstance rims on it

not wanting to spend any money on the m20 it came out pretty quick hopefully its still worth a couple bucks

picked this up for 750 bucks. included a sub 100kms motor, g250 from same car, 413 red label, stainless headers, brand new stage 2 clutch.
    m50b25, enough power for me for now and should be real reliable.

I wasn't planning on cleaning the car up but since the engine was just repainted and was so mint, I felt bad putting it in my dirty ass bay
    sooooo everythings coming out and im painting the bay (dark grey) so I can paint the exterior of the car whatevs when I get to that point

ive ordered mounts, a few missing engine bits, bought a front sump. still researching the best gasket to use and finished my electrical stuffs ill post my chart later

basically ill be using this thread to ask questions and hopefully get some answers n stuff

and heres my first question, I did lots of searching and couldn't find a direct answer, im tryna pull the fuse box out for paint, im disconnecting everything on the interior side of the car and gonna try and pull it through the firewall. is this the most practical?

Comment

Originally posted by heliben View Post
      and heres my first question, I did lots of searching and couldn't find a direct answer, im tryna pull the fuse box out for paint, im disconnecting everything on the interior side of the car and gonna try and pull it through the firewall. is this the most practical?
      When I had my bay painted I removed the bolts holding it in place and just taped it off so my friend could paint around it. Didn't want to mess with that many wires if I didn't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by street_127 View Post
        When I had my bay painted I removed the bolts holding it in place and just taped it off so my friend could paint around it. Didn't want to mess with that many wires if I didn't have to.
        Thats what I ended up doin.

Anyway heres some before and after pictures of the bay before i paint, cleaned n primed and some shaving of some brackets

before

afta (only primed paint tomorrow if the weathers nice)
        Last edited by heliben; 02-24-2015, 09:49 PM. Reason: fuck the police

Comment

Painted the bay, not exactly body color but close enough. Got my mounts and some little gaskets, ordering a new HG either today or tomorrow then shit gets real

Comment

Working...
          X