Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e - 318i swap troubles.

hey
    I am near the very end of a 86 325e series 1 4 door swap into a 90 318i series 2 coupe.
    I first bought the 325e but the shell on the car is completely rusted out so I found a mint 318i shell with no running gear to swap into.
    I have swapped everything from the 325e into the 318i coupe.
    Engine, gearbox, tailshaft, ecu, diff, radiator, air box, all mounts needed.

So everything is hooked up. Engine cranks, Fuel is pumped threw the lines to the injectors. but only sparks on 1 and 6. I have checked all fuses, leads, plugs, rotor, dizy cap, coil, power to coil, power to ecu, swapped over everything electrical, swapped clusters etc.
    I can find no mechanical reason to why the car will not start and run.
    Seeing the 325e ran and drove fine before I swapped it and I have replaced everything from the coil to the plugs I cannot understand why it will not start.

I have been looking into the C101 plugs. Both are a little different but after hours of research I found that only the oil level wires where different and have swapped them over. I may have missed something but I dont believe so.

Is there another reason why the car would only spark on 1 and 6 ?
    Any wiring issues I cant find.
    I have been working on it for a few months now and just cant figure it out.

Thanks.

Did you remember the ground from the engine to the frame when you replaced engines?

Comment

Yes I have I even tested them with a multimeter and also used jumper leads as well to change/check the earth

Comment

Working...
      X