M20 turbo exhaust, side exit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    ocgrinder has an electric bypass to oval mandrel tubing that cuts out to the side. Pretty bad ass setup
    This is genius. Can you have that on a turbo for when you want it to spool super quick, and close it when you want it to be quiet?
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      Any sound clips of that side exit Joolz?
      Motor is not running yet. Made sure i had oil pressire today and no leaks. All is good , just waiting for my ECU programmer to come over and fire it up.

Comment

Got the engine started tonight. here is a couple of links

Comment

the oval bends definitely seem like a much better idea, my exhaust touches the ground when pulling out of steep driveways but other than that it really doesnt scrape much.

20151217_132651
          20151228_111411

this is also 2.5 inch on my m20 turbo. its loud but inside the car its not bad at all. idle isn't too loud either, just when you really get on it, and thats what i want anyway.

though I am looking at options to build a full exhaust with a muffler. just trying to get sound clips of with a small resonator, or not, etc

EDIT: in my search for ^exhaust clips for turbos, i ended up bumping a 3 year old thread. my bad

Comment

Working...
          X