Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird noise coming from rear and shimming in the front???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise coming from rear and shimming in the front???

What could cause the shimmy in the front. I've had everything checked out so far. The only thing I have left is tire/wheel balance, but if that's not the case what other factors can cause it? I was told by a shop it's wheel bearings... Could it really do that?

Also the noise in the rear, it sounds like something is loose or what not. What possibility could it be? I'm really pin pointing it to be something related to my shocks. What is the car suppose to sound like when my RSM goes out or worn down???
    sigpic

If everything else in the front suspension (control arms, CABs, tie rods, struts, and upper strut mounts) are in good condition and toe is correct you are left with the wheels or wheel bearings as the cause.

Noise from the rear could be sways, shocks, upper shock mounts, RTAB's, subframe bushings, diff mount, driveshaft, or exhaust. A diagnostic inspection will be required to identify possible causes.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

A bad RSM will sound like a soft clunk.
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Ok, it was just a fluke on the rear noise, Something was out of place and it's gone now.

The front two wheels were rebalanced. The steering shimmying has drastically gone away. But I'm still getting a droning in the car. I'm wondering if I do an alignment (which I haven't done still since I had suspension and new wheels put on) will it make it go away???
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X