No announcement yet.

Rotrex Supercharger Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a properly sized road race turbo has adjustable boost and therefore adjustable power levels. how do you adjust the power level on a supercharged car while going 150mph?
    Phil

Comment

turbo supercharger were used widely in the aviation industry. now days, i'm not so sure but if you do a search on turbo superchargers, you'll find enough information to fulfill your wishes.
      thier are turbo supercharge cars out thier. i know that thier is a kit for a scion tc makes around 500hp but front wheel drive cars are lame the car was all so in super streets last issue.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

No action but funny
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity View Post
          Yeah, but the properly sized road-racing turbo won't make any more power than a supercharger, so the supercharger is still a bit better as the lag is still slightly better. I'd say it comes down to cost and availability at that point.

I fyou compare a same engine, with both system runign almost the same boost and rest of avriables (assuming both has properly sized s/c and turbo for the HP goals) turbo will EAT alive the s/c setup...it is more eficient system.

That's been prooven.
          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

^ Yup. A turbo utilizes wasted energy to create a more efficient combustion cycle, a supercharger does not.

Comment

With antilag devices you can run larger turbos w/o the lag almost instant boost. With VNT tubos depending on the internal geometry can make up to 10psi @1000rpm. Centerfugals are ok but who wants to hit maximum boost @ redline. Roots and lysholm (twin screws) work great, sound very cool, and are an excellent choose for street or Auto-x due to excellent low and mid torque but who really want the parasitic drag. Turbos FTW best all around power with minimal losses & drivers adjustable boost control( no pullies to change or extra software and injectors to turn it up. As for track use I would preffer tubo. Or NA with lots of money for instant respose good for all around everything but@ 2+x's the cost. $.02

Mr Sik

Comment

Working...
              X