No announcement yet.

Revshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had read this thread before I gave Revshift a chance. I've dealt with most of their competitors and have experienced very slow shipping times and poor, inattentive customer service. I was hoping Revshift was different, and I was wrong.

Cliff notes: Hey, they are made in the U.S., in house at that! Great. They need to hire someone for customer service and order fulfillment. Almost no communication from them, and when I did hear from them, I was lied to. And then shipped the wrong part.

On a Monday night I placed an order for 95A engine mounts, a 95A diff mount, and 80A trans mounts. They only offer USPS Priority Mail shipping, so I figured great, they'd ship on Tuesday or Wednesday, and with 2-3 day service, I'd have my parts in time to install that weekend.

On Wednesday I sent a follow up email to ask if they could ship my order that day, so I could receive it by the weekend. I did not get a reply (ever).

On Friday morning I emailed them asking to cancel the order, knowing they wouldn't arrive before the weekend. When a few hours went by, I called and left a voicemail. Not long after that, I got a reply to my email from that day (from John@Revshift) explaining that the delay is from them being short staffed. He promised that if I still wanted the order, it would ship that day with certainty, and he offered to include a free set of RTABs. I didn't need the RTABs, so he offered a discount on my order. I accepted, and he confirmed to say that my order would ship on Friday and would be delivered on Monday.

Fast forward to Monday morning. I never received a shipment confirmation, tracking number, or the discount refund I was promised. I emailed and called (no answer again), requesting to cancel the order again. I got a reply pretty quickly saying "It did go out Friday." That was it. No tracking or anything.

On Tuesday, the package shows up. The first thing I noticed was one of the parts was mailed to me wrong (95A trans mounts, instead of the 80A I ordered). Out of curiosity, I loaded the tracking number up on USPS's site. Sure enough, the package was shipped out on Monday afternoon, many hours after I was told the package shipped out on Friday, and after I had tried to cancel the order again.

Called them up, no answer (seeing a pattern here?). Sent another email. I received a call back pretty quickly from someone else (I think Tony). He was friendly and helpful, but basically said he didn't know anything about the situation and couldn't help me much except to accept them back for a refund (I had to pay return shipping), or he could send me out the correct 80A bushings I ordered. No apologies for the delays, lies, or anything else.

At that point I still didn't hadn't been sent the discount refund I was promised. I decided to send all the parts back for a refund, even though I had to pay the return shipping (~$14), just to wash my hands of this transaction.

They might be the best bushings on the planet, but with customer service like this, they can keep them. I respect that they make their own parts, and that staying up with retail orders, wholesale orders, and customer service/shipping when you are a small business doing your own manufacturing is HARD. However, it's simple to set proper expectations during the ordering process. If you don't answer the phones, and it takes 2-3 days to reply to email, say so on your site! If it takes 1-2 weeks to ship, no problem! Let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.

A lack of communication, being sent the wrong items, and being lied to flat out is not a good feeling when you spend your hard earned money to support a small American business. Take your money elsewhere; I know I will.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Should have filed a charge back and not sent the parts back without a prepaid label, they can eat the shipping or the cost of the part they sent you.

Nothing but poor business with these people; they don't do this community justice. I waited almost a month and it took a chargeback threat to finally get a shipment.
      No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Ill have to admit, some of the stuff id seen on this thread and around the internet made me kind of nervous, but I bit the bullet and bought a set of their green poly engine mounts. I was very impressed with the turnaround time. A little less than a week later the mounts were at my doorstep. They look and feel great in my hands, wish I could tell you how they felt in the car but my car would need an engine for that. I really hope this helps any perspective buyers to hear about a good customer experience.
        Last edited by yngtmr; 09-13-2016, 03:26 PM. Reason: bonehead grammar mistakes
        84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
          Cliff notes: Hey, they are made in the U.S., in house at that! Great. They need to hire someone for customer service and order fulfillment.

They might be the best bushings on the planet, but with customer service like this, they can keep them. I respect that they make their own parts, and that staying up with retail orders, wholesale orders, and customer service/shipping when you are a small business doing your own manufacturing is HARD. However, it's simple to set proper expectations during the ordering process. If you don't answer the phones, and it takes 2-3 days to reply to email, say so on your site! If it takes 1-2 weeks to ship, no problem! Let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.
          Done! The new dedicated customer service and order fulfillment guy starts on Monday. His name is Joe.

We do make the best bushings on the planet and now we are shipping fast, answering phones, replying to emails, and contributing to the E30 community accordingly. I'll explain more below.

Originally posted by yngtmr View Post
          Ill have to admit, some of the stuff id seen on this thread and around the internet made me kind of nervous, but I bit the bullet and bought a set of their green poly engine mounts. I was very impressed with the turnaround time. A little less than a week later the mounts were at my doorstep. They look and feel great in my hands, wish I could tell you how they felt in the car but my car would need an engine for that. I really hope this helps any perspective buyers to hear about a good customer experience.
          Thank you for the good review. We had some rough patches just like every other small business but we are getting through it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is the scoop. About a year and a half ago we were just making our polyurethane parts and doing some local tig welding work. We had an ancient bridgeport cnc machine and a manual lathe that we were making all of our parts on. Those machines worked great but they were slow and limited in capability. Then came along a local company who had an idea for a handheld flamethrower. We started fabricating them and it took off like a rocket. We were able to get a Haas CNC mill, a Fadal CNC mill, and a Haas CNC lathe. We started machining all of the components for the flamethrower as well as continually welding/fabricating everything. All of this while still manufacturing and improving Revshift parts. We rode it out until this past week. The flamethrower company is moving out of state and we are no longer doing the work after this month. So what happened was that we were fortunate enough to have an opportunity come along that enabled us to put ourselves in a much better position to provide you guys with awesome parts for your Bimmers. We are designing some really nice parts and updating some of our old parts. We can literally make anything now. We hired a dedicated customer service rep and we are operating more efficiently than ever. We just got the cleanest E30 shop car that I have seen and its getting a turbo S54 this winter. 2017 is going to be a very exciting and productive year. I hope you guys can understand that small businesses struggle. They have ups and downs. Sometimes they do things out of the ordinary to make themselves extraordinary. I like to think that is what we have done over the last year and a half. Don't dwell on the past, lets look forward and be awesome.

Comment

Revshift

The car that the failed flexdisc was installed on has Revshift subframe mounts, a Revshift diff mount, and Revshift 24v swap motor mounts. If the flex disc failing was due to a drivetrain mis-alignment, than who's fault would that be? Maybe the company that has had to revise their motor mount design 3 times now? (Revshift claims the re-designs were needed for better brake booster clearance AND better drivetrain alignment!)
            Not like we were using factory motor mounts and poly subframe mounts or even vice versa.

The above mount that you said is used on the newer bimmers still uses rubber isolation. I suspect that the new Bimmers also using a very different motor and subframe/diff mounts than these 30 year old cars. (New M2 uses absolutely no subframe bushings at all. It is hard mounted to the body.)

The problem here IMO is the construction of the part. The poly inserts are two poly halves that when pressed in do not meet in the middle. This caused the outer lip to pull off some the inserts. The metal shaft goes all the way through, but as soon as the lips began to give on the poly inserts the whole bolt/metal sleeve began to have movement inside of the poly.

The bug up my ass isn't just from this one incident. It took literally months to acquire these parts in the first place. We were told things like, "It will ship out tomorrow.". One person at Revshift even told us, "All i'm missing is some parts that i need to grab from the hardware store. You'll get a tracking # this afternoon." I understand that John has had a few people working for him over the years and i wish him the best of luck with his new customer relations person. But i feel that with all of the other companies on the market offering superior products at the same (if not better) competitive price, people should know what my experience has been.

And for the record, none of these problems have been on any of my cars. This incident occurred on my friends car which i had a big part in building. I only use Genuine AKG and Condor mounts on my cars. :)
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I have emailed, called, and private messages Berlow94 several times over the past 3 years. I even talked to one of his friends on the phone asking how I could make it right with him. His friend said its a lost cause. I am currently private messaging him again trying to remedy the situation. I have offered a lot and I just get hate in return.

Andrew, what can I do for you to correct the issue? I am now asking publicly. I have gathered that you want nothing from me other than to go out of business. You had issues with our race guibo. I am sorry that it did not work out well for you and for the last 3 years I have been willing to do whatever I can to fix the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
                Done! The new dedicated customer service and order fulfillment guy starts on Monday. His name is Joe.

We do make the best bushings on the planet and now we are shipping fast, answering phones, replying to emails, and contributing to the E30 community accordingly. I'll explain more below.

Thank you for the good review. We had some rough patches just like every other small business but we are getting through it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is the scoop. About a year and a half ago we were just making our polyurethane parts and doing some local tig welding work. We had an ancient bridgeport cnc machine and a manual lathe that we were making all of our parts on. Those machines worked great but they were slow and limited in capability. Then came along a local company who had an idea for a handheld flamethrower. We started fabricating them and it took off like a rocket. We were able to get a Haas CNC mill, a Fadal CNC mill, and a Haas CNC lathe. We started machining all of the components for the flamethrower as well as continually welding/fabricating everything. All of this while still manufacturing and improving Revshift parts. We rode it out until this past week. The flamethrower company is moving out of state and we are no longer doing the work after this month. So what happened was that we were fortunate enough to have an opportunity come along that enabled us to put ourselves in a much better position to provide you guys with awesome parts for your Bimmers. We are designing some really nice parts and updating some of our old parts. We can literally make anything now. We hired a dedicated customer service rep and we are operating more efficiently than ever. We just got the cleanest E30 shop car that I have seen and its getting a turbo S54 this winter. 2017 is going to be a very exciting and productive year. I hope you guys can understand that small businesses struggle. They have ups and downs. Sometimes they do things out of the ordinary to make themselves extraordinary. I like to think that is what we have done over the last year and a half. Don't dwell on the past, lets look forward and be awesome.
                What I gather from this is you didn't really care about your retail automotive customers over the last few years because you had another honeypot paying the bills. Now that that's gone, you want to turn things around for Revshift? I hope it works out for you, truly. Unfortunately for me, you guys treated me so poorly that I will not be coming back for a second try.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                  What I gather from this is you didn't really care about your retail automotive customers over the last few years because you had another honeypot paying the bills. Now that that's gone, you want to turn things around for Revshift? I hope it works out for you, truly. Unfortunately for me, you guys treated me so poorly that I will not be coming back for a second try.
                  That is not the case at all. BMW parts have always been and will always be our main goal. If we hadn't taken on the other work as a fab shop then we wouldn't have been able to expand like we did. We would not be in a position to produce a wider range of high quality parts for this market. Growing our capabilities in the BMW performance market has been the goal the entire time. Over the last few years we have pumped out a ton of auto parts. We never stopped or let up, we just worked harder. This is my business and my life. I care more than you can possibly imagine.

If you think we treated you poorly I apologize. Feel free to email me or PM about it as I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Comment

When do you expect to have the updated poly swap mounts available? Hoping they are similar to the AKG mounts but at a more reasonable price?
                    RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Signed up here to share recent experience with Revshift so that others can avoid throwing their money down the drain...

Placed an order 22/6 through their website, got a confirmation immediately and then....nothing. Emailed on 5/7 to make sure they'd received my order and got no response, messaged them a few days later on facebook and tried calling. All I was really asking for was a reply to say they'd got the order and were working on it.

My comments on their facebook posts warning other potential buyers are quickly deleted.

Shared this with the local E30 club and many here have had similar experiences. One guy ordered a set of mounts in February and still hasn't had a response.

Comment

Working...
                      X