Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you scrambling to get done before the Picnic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *MIGHT* still get my rockers re-undercoated today. MIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
      Car is still in primer. Dont think I am going to make it.
      Hurry up and start shooting the paint. You have time.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

ugh as soon as I get out of work I'm going to bolt home, finish magic eraser-ing the passengers side seat, vacuum the interior, claybar, then grab the buffer and hit it with a quick layer of carnauba.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
          Car is still in primer. Dont think I am going to make it.
          What kinda shit is that? Bring it primered!

Comment

Rack in. What a pain in the ass. Now the fun part starts...detailing...

Comment

finish s52 swap for sschin, put my car up on stands and get underneath and figure out strange noises, check, double check, triple check, detail, get on the road in 24hrs...
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Just finished a complete polish and wax today. Only thing left is a quick wash of the wheels and I'm ready!
                1991 318i Sedan
                2005 X5 3.0i Sport
                2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

Done! All leather deep cleaned, interior detailed, washed & waxed. Packed up and ready to leave in the AM!!

Comment

Since we had to leave Austin last Sunday morning, I had to get a lot done the week before. Clean engine bay (it's filthy again after 2500 miles so far), wash car and wheels (see earlier comment...who knew there was so much dust in West Texas, New Mexico, western Colorado, Utah, and Idaho...yes, that's right, we're not even in WA, yet...), put in new AKG polys in subframe, rtabs, and diff (squeaky as hell, but love how the car handles these mountain twisties!), change oil, top off fluids, put in new left front brake pipe so that I could finally get the ss line on that caliper, bleed brakes (again), put on new leather shift and ebrake boots and then figure out how to keep my two-year old shift knob from coming off in my hand every time I selected a new gear, new muffler hangers. Clean throttle body and ICV. Adjust valves. Remove instrument cluster to reflow solder on finicky speedo. Use my trusty SIR3 to clear flashing SRS light after trying to make sense of my chicken-scratch wiring diagrams from last time. Figure out a way for my tweeter housings not to flop open when i hit a bump in the road. Replace a lever in the power top mechanism after it broke (only $117 with my 20% discount at the dealer). Find new 205/60 14 tires on Internet because my tire guy couldn't get them any more. Mount new tires on my stock original basketweaves (because I just can't bear to part with them). Investigated replacing ss rear lines above subframe. Decided I'd have to drop gas tank a little, but ran out of time. Brakes still feel really good, though. In March I replaced front control arms and bushings (bought MZ3 solid bushings...really likey).
                    Taking mostly back roads (less than 200 miles of the so-far 2500 on interstates), the car is chewing up the mountains between Austin and Tacoma, happy as heck in 3rd gear at 4500k at 60 mph on the "30 mph" curves OR at 6000k (75+ mph) pressing up a 7% uphill grade with "50mph" curves. Having a blast and top down all the way. So all the prep work was definitely worth it!
                    Last edited by e30topdown; 06-27-2013, 10:32 PM.
                    sigpic

92 325iC Diamantschwarz factory M-Technic appearance
                    99 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II
                    97 318ti Active Bostongrun DD
                    01 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire
                    93 325iC Schwarz II. Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      Done! All leather deep cleaned, interior detailed, washed & waxed. Packed up and ready to leave in the AM!!
                      You rolling with the caravan or heading up by yourself?

Almost done with the detail, time to make the interior all pretty like and load it up with parts and take my wheels and tires to get mounted tomorrow. Didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped, but such is life.

Comment

Well i pretty much got all my shit done, just need to pass emisions, get tabs and do a nice cleaning and i'm set! Stoked for sunday!

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

got my borbets back on! skirts on! airbox build! wax! ready!

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
                          http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
                          Few pictures:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Comment

I replaced my suspension this past weekend, and it feels so good to not be bouncing down the road. It's getting aligned right now. I plan on doing a valve adjustment, wire the stereo up, and possibly a couple other small projects if i'm feeling ambitious. It could also use a clay barring and polish if I can get to it but time is running out...
                            1987 325 w/ M52b28 - Bronzit
                            2007 X3 - Platinum Bronze

Comment

Wash it and probably get some CDs together for the drive. Have the GFs car to finish up tho. Full suspension install, paint correction and lots of little things.

Comment

Trying to get the RS set up to snuff, then rubber baby!!!!
                                1997 328i - SOLD
                                1991 325is - SOLD
                                2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                                1991 318is
                                2011 328i xDrive
                                2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X