Respect Your Elders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect Your Elders

Im sure everyones thinking it so I'll just say it, Respect Your Elders makes me want to travel halfway across the country to get to the picnic.
    sigpic

-1991 m50/s50 318i :up:
    -1989 325ix (sold)

hahaha for sure but its in my backyard ! i will be there next year ! but the PRO3 got me excited man !

Comment

if anyone wants to caravan there let me know haha
      sigpic

-1991 m50/s50 318i :up:
      -1989 325ix (sold)

Comment

I had the exact same reaction (after the desire to go out and drive my E30)...so I'm making plans to travel from Silverhill (near Mobile, AL) to Tacoma next year, hope to be caravaning with two other E30s from this same area. It's a piddling 2752 miles. :eeek:

Has the date for the Picnic 2015 been announced? All I can find is this years info.

Comment

2015 E30 Picnic Weekend will be June 27-28!
          Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
          www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

THANK YOU Lance! Hope I'll be able to attend. :D Just painted the E30 today...
            Attached Files

Comment

I got the same feeling. If life permits it I really wana make the drive next year. I'm right next to Tampa, FL. Would be nice to assemble a growing caravan for my way there.
              sigpic
              what will this get me?
              '89 325i Vert Schwarz sold/wrecked/gutted/re-aquired/totaled
              '90 300kClub 325is Brilliantrotten M50NV Daily
              '92 325i AT Vert Brilliantrot (soon to be daily)

Comment

I also have been trying to talk myself into driving up for it…
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by hornhospital View Post
                  You will give Tony from Chicago a run for his money for the coveted Furthest Traveled Award!
                  Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                  www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

6300 Miles Round Trip. 96 hours total of driving. If I can make it ill do ten days camping and sight seeing along the way to enjoy it and meet up with some people on the way.
                    sigpic
                    what will this get me?
                    '89 325i Vert Schwarz sold/wrecked/gutted/re-aquired/totaled
                    '90 300kClub 325is Brilliantrotten M50NV Daily
                    '92 325i AT Vert Brilliantrot (soon to be daily)

Comment

JUST DO IT! (Ha)

Originally posted by hornhospital View Post
                      Hope you make the journey, I had a great time at the Picnic, I try to do road trips at least once a season, there is so much great country to see, also meeting people! The E30 is such a great road trip car, plenty of room for a large cooler and camping gear.
                      Your car looks great, it'll look fantastic when it's finished!
                      If you are coming from Alabama that will be epic!

Cheers!
                      Last edited by CCCXXVis; 01-12-2015, 02:09 PM. Reason: Opps

Comment

DO IT! You won't be sorry!

Originally posted by LoukenTarzan View Post
                        6300 Miles Round Trip. 96 hours total of driving. If I can make it ill do ten days camping and sight seeing along the way to enjoy it and meet up with some people on the way.
                        Hope you can make the journey! Florida, that would be EPIC! Great country we have, I'll take a road trip over a jet any day!

Cheers!

Comment

hmm - tempted to come this year!
                          91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                          ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

If you guys in the midwest can't make it to the picnic you could try an event closer like the 2015 Drive 4 Corners Rocky MOuntain BMW meet in August. Last year ~100 folks made it, furthest I believe was from Chicago in an M5.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

funny this popped up i was just searching the other day when this was because id like to do this next year when i get vacation time! ( stupid new job makes you wait a year for it)
                              IG- nv_e30

Comment

Working...
                              X