Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heres one for you boys... (New Question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres one for you boys... (New Question)

So im driving my car today la dee da. Take a turn THWAP.

Battery light comes on. Ok fine I snapped an alternator belt again (replaced in august) have drive half shut off and coast my car home (no fan) get home pop the hood.

No belts. NONE

No power steering, no fan/alternator, no ack.

What the fuck. Last time the alternator snapped it took off the power steering but it stayed there. I could still see pieces of the alternator belt to. This time theres nothing. Not a damn thing just pulleys.

What the duece?

I want a Blazer.

Sold it.

check your fan clutch a failing fan clutch will toss a belt and then it is just a 50/50 chance that there is a chain reaction.
    wes

Comment

Re: Heres one for you boys...

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
      So im driving my car today la dee da. Take a turn THWAP.

Battery light comes on. Ok fine I snapped an alternator belt again (replaced in august) have drive half shut off and coast my car home (no fan) get home pop the hood.

No belts. NONE

No power steering, no fan/alternator, no ack.

What the fuck. Last time the alternator snapped it took off the power steering but it stayed there. I could still see pieces of the alternator belt to. This time theres nothing. Not a damn thing just pulleys.

What the duece?

I want a Blazer.
      I cannot remember if M20 alternators have bushings in them or not. Even if they don't check the alignment and make sure that when the belt is on, it is straight and NOT slightly cocked.

HTH,

Comment

M20 Alternators do have bushings. Definitely check these, if they are shot and the alternator is not lining up correctly this could be the cause of the premature belt failure.
        Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

:( My mechanics gonna come by and look at it. I don't want to buy new belts to have em all dissapear again.

Sold it.

Comment

Found the belts on the road (weird eh). The longest belt (alt fan and shit) snapped as well as the AC i think it was.

The power steerings fine.

Stupid candian tire belts....

Sold it.

Comment

Im guessing a bent water pump pulley doesn't help matters?

Sold it.

Comment

Ha, I doubt it.....
                BEERTECH

Comment

Check for waterpump pulley, make sure its straight because lot of people use kind of like pliers to remove the fan nut, and it causes the pulley to get bend easy.
                  95' M3.
                  90' 325i Turboed.
                  87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X